• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck me that Evan wotshisname on the PM programme is even more irritating than the late & unlamented Eddie Mair.

The afternoon has been spent removing weeds from the garden path.

I now understand exactly how Roman buildings got buried.

Further supplies of raspberries were picked & duly stewed, followed by a bit more weeding closer to the house.

My left elbow is problematic at the moment, it's even more problematic now.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Juts popped out to the back yard. Some farmer has been muckspreading somewhere several miles away, and the atmospheric conditions are just right to allow the resulting aroma to travel all the way here with minimal dispersion

Kitchen window now closed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Juts popped out to the back yard. Some farmer has been muckspreading somewhere several miles away, and the atmospheric conditions are just right to allow the resulting aroma to travel all the way here with minimal dispersion

Fresh, innit?

Ok, I give up.

I can't find a Welsh village with a name that's anything to do with elderberries.

Comment

Also, I'd like to know if I keep typing "juts" instead of "just" or if it's autocorrect sneaking behind my back, because it happens a lot (though usually I spot it in time)

Comment

Also, I'd like to know if I keep typing "juts" instead of "just" or if it's autocorrect sneaking behind my back, because it happens a lot (though usually I spot it in time)
            I do it a lot too.

teh is a particular favourite.

And this box has no autocorrect though the cursor has a habit of hoping off somewhere other than where I'd like it to be.

Currently watching an ape called Ham being launched into space again in 1966.

On the Smithsonian channel "Apollo" thing.

Tea/dinner this evening was more of yesterday's roast chicken.

I remembered the cranberry sauce in the fridge.

Unfortunately it had fermented so I gave it a miss.

The chicken was its usual indifferent Alright.

Followed by some stewed raspberries and custard which was nice, mostly because of the elevated level of sugar in the aforementioned custard.

All followed by 1.05 pints of Glengettie tea with an apple turnover (Morrisons, reduced) that I'd forgotten about.

And onwards we go to the Gemini programme.

Well that's something I don't remember seeing previously: the Launch of Apollo 4, the unmanned first full test of the fully assembled Saturn 5.

Stone me, that was impressive.

You don't see stuff like that any more.

This ain't it but it's close:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2019, 20:02.

Comment

This is better:

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                This is better
                Yep. Doesn't mention Peenemunde or Nordhausen's contributions to the effort though.

Comment

Light rain now falling. Plants will get watered and so saves me a job tomorrow.

Catching up on S4 of Marvel's agents of shield.

Have a headache, which is annoying me immensely. I'm assuming it's because it's so muggy and humid. I may neck some tablets, call quits on the day and get an early night.

Talking of typos, I tend to type becuase or thier a lot. More annoying is when autofuskitup changes a word and I don't spot it in time.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                    Yep. Doesn't mention Peenemunde or Nordhausen's contributions to the effort though.
                    I don't think either programme has mentioned Von Braun.

Now watching a BBC prog on PBS all about that true Septic Hero George Armstrong Custer.

And onwards we go: Now it's Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Sadly no sign of Paul Newman or Robert Redford.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2019, 21:12.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      This is better:

Comment

Working...
                      X