• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in from my perambulation around this part of sarf herts. Made it out to the Kelvin Aqueduct, a round trip of 11km. Soon be time to head to ClientCo for fun, fun, fun. Sorry, work, work, work.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Except to read Monday links of course!
      Thats what I thought.

Comment

Permie on my bank of desks has spent the last goodness knows how long on the phone trying to get a new mobile phone deal on a Samsung 9+ or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Permie on my bank of desks has spent the last goodness knows how long on the phone trying to get a new mobile phone deal on a Samsung 9+ or some such.
          Tell them the 10+ is in beta and will be released soon, they would be better holding off.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First six letters of the first game can be used to get REMOAN

Comment

Teleconference done, Channel 4 switched on...

Comment

Chap I know tweeted yesterday that he was in hospital with suspected appendicitis. Today he tweeted that they'd found it wasn't appendicitis, and he still had his appendix.

Me: "I hope they found out from the outside and not while they were in there."

Him: "Nope."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Chap I know tweeted yesterday that he was in hospital with suspected appendicitis. Today he tweeted that they'd found it wasn't appendicitis, and he still had his appendix.

Me: "I hope they found out from the outside and not while they were in there."

Him: "Nope."
                  If they'd opened him up they might as well have taken it out.

Now he'll have a scar that'll make doctors think it's gone when it hasn't.

Speaking as a Doctor I find this very strange.

In other news the white brick pig sty has had the couple of cwt of builders sand that's graced the floor since 2012 put tidily into the old NPT bottle bins.

Said bottle bins are now too heavy to move of course so it was just as well I put them where I wanted them to go.

During this exercise I found another of Zeity's relatives was living in said pig sty, to whit a little newt.

There's quite a lot of those in the garden but you only notice them when tidying stuff up.

Stone me I am knackered.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    If they'd opened him up they might as well have taken it out.

Now he'll have a scar that'll make doctors think it's gone when it hasn't.

Speaking as a Doctor I find this very strange.
                    If they did it using keyhole surgery (laparoscopy), I think they initially make a small incision to get in there and have a look, then have to make one or more additional incisions to get it out. If they found it didn't need to come out, they presumably wouldn't want to make the extra incisions (with associated increased risk of bad things like infection) for the sake of removing a healthy organ.

But now they think it may be diverticulitis, so maybe they'll be going back in later

Comment

Sounds plausible.

I was so knackered earlier that I fell asleep in the chair.

I'm beginning to think there may be sommat wrong.

Tea/dinner this evening was some M&S breaded haddock followed by some stewed raspberries and custard.

It was quite nice.

The family pack of mushrooms is beginning to show its age, but they fried ok.

Accuracy of lie detector tests: roughly zero.

Yet another example of tulipe science.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 June 2019, 17:21.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X