• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Only 8km on the walk this morning. Started off overcast but that burned off and it’s getting warm now.
    Slacker!

Despite early signs here it hasn't brightened up - still as grey as ever.

Comment

I hope its not going to get warm without being sunny....

Comment

Healthy eating option for lunch today: cocktail sausages and a bag of cheese & onion crisps

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Despite early signs here it hasn't brightened up - still as grey as ever.
          Well, that pretty much describes me to a T....

Comment

Laundry on

And I'm going to spend an hour or two working through some React.js stuff, as I may not like React that much but prospective clients seem to

Comment

Root canal visit no 2 done.

One more visit now to finish filling and fitting a crown.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Root canal visit no 2 done.

One more visit now to finish filling and fitting a crown.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Laundry on

And I'm going to spend an hour or two working through some React.js stuff, as I may not like React that much but prospective clients seem to
                  Interesting. I use react/redux here. Along with razor and several flavours of asp!

What don't you like about react?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Laundry on

Me too.

Not the React bit which I wouldn't know anything about if it bit me on the arse, but rather the Laundry On bit, this being the woolens that will be safely put away nice & clean until required again when it gets cold.

Roughly the week after next if experience is anything to go by.

And while that was doing its thing, I cleaned the windows, or at least those windows that weren't in the sun.

I'll do the ones out the front another time, though the upstairs ones never get done since the ladder is down in the garage with a 6 foot long pile of 286, 486, 586, & pentium pcs on top of it.

I also cleaned the algae off the lean to roof which has made things much brighter in the kitchen.

Phew wot a scorcher.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 June 2019, 14:52.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Interesting. I use react/redux here. Along with razor and several flavours of asp!

What don't you like about react?
                      I'm just a curmudgeon who thinks all that stuff - React, Angular, Vue, etc. - is overengineered bulltulip, created for the benefit of developers at the expense of users, complicating things that can easily be done the way we always used to do them

But I've been muttering darkly about such things for years, and once I try them I usually decide they're not too bad really

Not Angular though, or at least the original version of it. That sucked; a Java developer's idea of what a JavaScript framework should be

Comment

Working...
                      X