• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have just seen Pogle

Mother with 52 GUINEA PIGS says she has 'fallen in love' with pets | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Lunch has been jumbo hotdogs in finger rolls.

with tomato sauce and american mustard.

i appear to have become a very colourful chap, having had a look in the mirror, after this morning shower.

about 5 or 6 distinct colours between neck and ankles

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        No telly tonight, for I have been reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Very good so far - I'm about halfway through.
        And finished. Well worth reading

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I suppose you only go under water wearing a diving suit.
          And a LOT of lead weights unfortunately (It's a displacement thing)
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

in other news, the spares have arrived.
            and, since i'm having more mobility daily, should all be fitted by the weekend

i can go terrorise the horsey set, then, by judicious use of the engine kill switch when overtaking

:Evil Grin:

Comment

Watching a repeat of the Apollo thing on Smithsonian channel.

It's the ep about Gemini and the disaster of Apollo 1.

I have a sudden urge to get the Airfix Astronauts kit.

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/astronauts.html

As shown on TV!

Those Gemini launches used the Titan which is hypergolic which explains the red clouds of nitrogen tetroxide.

Lovely.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 July 2019, 12:09.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Watching a repeat of the Apollo thing on Smithsonian channel.

It's the ep about Gemini and the disaster of Apollo 1.

I have a sudden urge to get the Airfix Apollo kit.
                give you summat to do, while you're waiting for that gig to crystallise.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  give you summat to do, while you're waiting for that gig to crystallise.
                  Had the spec today.

I seem to tick most of the boxes, though the low pressure air control thing is a bit off the wall.

As long as it's not safety critical I'm happy enough.

Stone me this rocket science stuff really is rocket science.

Must be great fun to be sat on the launch pad waiting for launch only to be told that the Athena rocket you're supposed to rendezvous with has exploded at 50,000 feet.

Even greater fun to be stuck in a space suit for a fortnight.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 July 2019, 12:23.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    in other news, the spares have arrived.
                    and, since i'm having more mobility daily, should all be fitted by the weekend

i can go terrorise the horsey set, then, by judicious use of the engine kill switch when overtaking

:Evil Grin:
                    on closer inspection, the bloody bike's in better nick than I am!

it feels a lot heavier for some inexplicable reason.

maybe i'll give it another week. <docs said 4 to 6 weeks, but sod that>

or not.

i dunno.

Comment

I accompanied HWMBO to the shops at lunch time and bloomin' eck it's rather warm out.

Back in my office, slaving away. Not long till gin o'clock so that's ok.

Lunch was left overs from dinner yesterday. A very yummy, and totally low calorie, risotto that contained no cheese or butter at all, ever, honest. The celeriac puree added in definitely wasn't buttery and I hear gorgonzola is considered a dieter's super food.

Comment

Working...
                      X