• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch

Sausage sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
      Sausage sandwich.
      I'm having Toad in the Hole. Taters & Veg shortly
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Sardine toasties for lunch

Sardines in olive oil rather than tomato sauce this time, as it makes a change.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Off to sunny Swansea later for a birthday lunch for the brave little soldier next door.
          Which turned out rather better than anticipated with the presence of Strangelove Sis.

Other than my glasses getting stood on when they fell on the floor, it was perfect.

And once unbent, the glasses were ok too.

Many years ago, back in the mists of time, I had a James Motor Scooter whose name was "startyoumother****er".

Yet another thing I fell off and have the scars to remind me of it.
          Speaking of which, on my semi drunken wander home I observed a chap across the road who appeared to about to ride his motor scooter in shorts and a t shirt.

I didn't like to point out how he'd end up if he fell off the fecking thing.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 July 2019, 15:31.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Two hour lunch with the permies to see off a team member who's going on maternity leave. Clocked off at 4pm.

Just been told that a PO for 120 days has been issued. That's me gainfully occupied to the end of the year.

Comment

Speaking of which, on my semi drunken wander home I observed a chap across the road who appeared to about to ride his motor scooter in shorts and a t shirt.

I didn't like to point out how he'd end up if he fell off the fecking thing.

I've seen guys on R1's and such, wearing shorts, t-shirts and feckin FlipFlops! FFS.
              they really don't have a clue about road rash.
              darwin award contenders all.

gives them too much intellect.

Comment

It was bad enough coming off the damn thing at 15 mph on a dirt road.

I'm not sure I ever got all that red dust stuff out of the grazes.

I dread to think what tarmac at 30 mph is like.

Apparently that James scooter had 3 gears though we only ever found 2 & neutral.

Comment

It was bad enough coming off the damn thing at 15 mph on a dirt road.

I'm not sure I ever got all that red dust stuff out of the grazes.

I dread to think what tarmac at 30 mph is like.

Apparently that James scooter had 3 gears though we only ever found 2 & neutral.
                  well i was wearing boots, kevlar lined jeans, sidi gloves and a lewis jacket.
                  and a bell lid.
                  the jeans and gloves are fecked, jacket looks windswept and interesting, and the lid is no more.
                  it's an ex lid.
                  it's shuffled off its mortal coil.

and i bounced on the road and sort of flew into into a conifer.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    well i was wearing boots, kevlar lined jeans, sidi gloves and a lewis jacket.
                    and a bell lid.
                    the jeans and gloves are fecked, jacket looks windswept and interesting, and the lid is no more.
                    it's an ex lid.
                    it's shuffled off its mortal coil.

and i bounced on the road and sort of flew into into a conifer.
                    Presumably the smaller conifer branches slowed you down a bit.

Hitting tree trunks is, specifically in general, a bad idea.

A year or so after I did my sideways to victory exit off the Llandarcy to Jersey Marine road, someone else did much the same sort of thing in the snow.

Sadly he chose a bit where the trees were rather more substantial than my bit & didn't survive.

Both of us were driving cars.

Comment

Presumably the smaller conifer branches slowed you down a bit.

Hitting tree trunks is, specifically in general, a bad idea.

A year or so after I did my sideways to victory exit off the Llandarcy to Jersey Marine road, someone else did much the same sort of thing in the snow.

Sadly he chose a bit where the trees were rather more substantial than my bit & didn't survive.

Both of us were driving cars.
                      I'm glad it was a conifer, and i didn't hit the trunk, just one of the lower boughs.
                      i'm a lucky barsteward mate, that's the truth.
                      black and blue < among other colours> knocked out for four days, but only missing one tooth.

i DID buy a lottery ticket on tuesday, but i think that was my lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X