• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    i'm a lucky barsteward mate, that's the truth.
    You and me both.

I go passed the place where it happens & the car went through a fence in between two wooden power poles and down a slope that ends on the railway.

Looking at it I can't understand how I got out of the car and back up the bank.

The plod said I was lucky and looking at it 35 years later he was dead right.

The other poor sod further down the road got incinerated when the car caught fire.

The luckiest part was the wooden rail that came through the driver's side window & took the top of the dash off on its way out through the windscreen.

Which explained why I couldn't switch the headlights off, the switch wasn't there any more.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The plod said I was lucky and looking at it 35 years later he was dead right.

:
      35 years ago, i'd have bounced, got up, picked the bike up, and ridden off into the sunset.

honest.

Comment

15 years later I got some glass spinters out of my eyebrows and 20 years later I got a glass splinter out of one of my ears.

A crash that kept on giving.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          15 years later I got some glass spinters out of my eyebrows and 20 years later I got a glass splinter out of one of my ears.

A crash that kept on giving.
          yeh, dangerous, them car thingies

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            yeh, dangerous, them car thingies
            WBR14S

Comment

Lovely dinner: lamb chops, chips, peas, and gravy (and mint sauce)

Cooling off a bit out there with the help of a faint breeze. The forecast now says we might - just might - get some rain tomorrow, which would help cool things down a little

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's televisual epics have included a thing about D Day on Yesterday, 5 minutes of "Jason Bourne" until I figured out I'd seen it before, 5 minutes of a thing on the 4 different hominids that existed before we killed 'em all*, a thing about Nasa's Secret Files, and finally a thing on Quest about Devil's stove pipes on Baldy Mountain Indiana, and a weird ice cave in Pennsylvania, this last being quite inneresting in its way.

*Of course this discounts the theory that we're all Pak breeders.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 July 2019, 22:02.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was the remaining two episodes of Chernobyl (2019), in which the aftermath continues to be wretched for all concerned. Although there were one or two scientific faux pas of sorts, they can be easily excused as it's a docudrama, not a documentary. Overall I thought it was one of the best things I've seen in a long time. Highly recommended, and don't let the fact that there are still ten RBMK nuclear reactors in operation worry you

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Wakey Wakey
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X