• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Blue skies and sunshine here, sausages on the BBQ, 1st load of washing on the line, father in London, do I:
    A) open a bottle of home brew with lunch.
    B) have lunch then walk dog to friend’s pub (will mean an 8-10 mile round trip)
    C) do some gardening
    D) something else
    A then B

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      don't you upload your CV to the job sites? - then it's just 'apply' and the site does the rest.
      Nope.

There's so few jobs that I'm a) interested in and b) competent at that it would be a waste of time.

Plus I don't trust the barstewards.

Had lunch, a mixture of Ginsters Cornish Pasty and a bit of Morrisons Pork Pie (reduced) followed by a blueberry acai yoghurt.

It was alright in its way.

Now cooking some chili con carne having found the rtf recipe on this box because the recipe printout folder thing has disappeared somewhere during the frenetic cleaning exploits, probably never to be seen again.

Alternatively it went down the dump earlier with the rest of the paper recycling, the dead telly, and 3 dead vacuum cleaners, this last bequeathed to me by the late Strangelove Mater who had a special technique for killing vacuum cleaners.

All her vacs have now gone to the great skip in the sky Briton Ferry dump Civic Amenity Site.

Well that was stunningly unsuccessful.

Upload your cv in *doc *.docx *.rft or *.pdf format
      Refuses to take the CV.rtf file I attempted to upload with zero explanation of why.

Total Jobs: Total Waste of Time more like.

Oh.

Open it with word, save to desktop as rtf and suddenly it's 50k bigger and acceptable.

Feckwhits.

Should be good for a laugh.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2019, 13:59.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A) open a bottle of home brew with lunch.
        Tick

C) do some gardening
        Tick - Dead-headed the big rose at the front door. (OK, not exactly lots of gardening)

D) something else
        Tick - second load of washing on the line, poo-picked the chickens, listened to TMS.

B) have lunch then walk dog to friend’s pub (will mean an 8-10 mile round trip)
        Tick under way... Back online in a few hours!

What a successful day!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tick

Tick - Dead-headed the big rose at the front door. (OK, not exactly lots of gardening)

Tick - second load of washing on the line, poo-picked the chickens, listened to TMS.

Tick under way... Back online in a few hours!

What a successful day!
          Winning!

While we're talking about achievements, I've stuck some jeans in the wash

Comment

Tick

^That's a lot of ticking. Send for the bomb disposal people.

I wouldn't even attempt to dead head the self planted rose in the front garden.

For 3 weeks of the year it's glorious, covered in thousands of single blossoms & the bees love it.

However the thorns really are something else.

It's now 6 feet across and there's a leader stem that seems to be heading for orbit, it's at least 8 feet tall with the most ferocious looking thorns I've ever seen.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Down at the not-so-local where they still have a cask of 6% beer that’s 18 months old. Shouldn’t work, but the first 3 were good. Time to walk home.

Comment

The Wife (tm) has just left St Neots. It’s a race home.

Comment

I’m winning the race. Two of the 3 hills climbed. The last on is a killer, but she’s still on the M1.

Comment

Down at the not-so-local where they still have a cask of 6% beer that’s 18 months old. Shouldn’t work, but the first 3 were good. Time to perform brownian motion in the rough direction of home.
                    ftfy

Comment

One for your occasional "from the bench" thread NF:

10 Scientifically Impossible Places That Actually Exist:

Not quite so weird as no 4 but took a photo of some odd humps in Knowle park that cover a large area. Probably an obvious explanation but too lazy to look. Seemed too big and too many to be mole hills.

As for number 3, I remember well the Bristol Hum from my student days. When you heard it during normal hours you imagined it was just the noise of traffic but it never diminished.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X