• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its a big issue with some terminals. Tesco are very good.

Co-op in Llandudno refurbished 3 months ago. All new terminls. Co-op card will not scan. Ridiciluous.
    Have you got your new co-op card??

They should work...

Comment

Just found a USB HDD enclosure packed away in a box of (mostly) books. Don't recognise it, no idea where it came from

Looked inside: there's a 1TB drive in there.

Plugged it in. It's completely empty, but the disk name is "Spare 1TB".

And, looking through my Amazon orders, it appears I bought it in September 2017; the enclosure, that is. Still no idea where the 1TB drive came from

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just found a USB HDD enclosure packed away in a box of (mostly) books. Don't recognise it, no idea where it came from

Looked inside: there's a 1TB drive in there.

Plugged it in. It's completely empty, but the disk name is "Spare 1TB".

And, looking through my Amazon orders, it appears I bought it in September 2017; the enclosure, that is. Still no idea where the 1TB drive came from
        I found a HD in the office. No idea whatsoever what's on it. PATA.

Then, upstairs in the Master Bedroom (), I found a cardboard box containing 4 HD (PATA).

I suspect these last are some I, er, liberated from defunct PCs in Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde some (many) years ago.

I suspect they're in the size range of 1 to 2 Tb Gb.

I also found a bunch of CDRs with "2007 BU" written upon them.

Bet they're no longer readable.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2019, 17:25.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I found a HD in the office. No idea whatsoever what's on it. PATA.

Then, upstairs in the Master Bedroom (), I found a cardboard box containing 4 HD (PATA).

I suspect these last are some I, er, liberated from defunct PCs in Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde some (many) years ago.

I suspect they're in the size range of 1 to 2 Tb Gb.

I also found a bunch of CDRs with "2007 BU" written upon them.

Bet they're no longer readable.
          Most of the CDRs and DVDRs I've found were OK, much to my surprise. Similar vintage for many of them, I would imagine.

Comment

Most of the CDRs and DVDRs I've found were OK, much to my surprise. Similar vintage for many of them, I would imagine.
            Well the CDRs with the naughty ladies & gentlemen on from around the same time still work, so I'd guess you're right.

During the stuffing of the built in "wardrobe" with more junk, I discovered some stuff I'd brought home when I finished, to whit several pairs of ready readers in varying dioptres, a couple of scalpels, a calculator, and a battery powered vernier gauge that I use to figure out the size of which pcb drill is in the machine at the time.

I also found a defunct battery clock from about 15 years ago, a 500V inverter for use with an insulation tester I've never owned, and the largest PIR detector I've ever seen that came from Greenweld some 30 years or more ago.

There really is a lot of tulipe in this house.

I won't mention the £800 of electronic jiggery pokery that I bought from Rapid Electronics "just in case" a week before I retired.

I suspect it'll all end up in landfill when I pop my clogs.

<hiatus>

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S breaded haddock.

It was nice enough, but I neglected to buy certain supplies this morning so it was a bit different from the usual.

This evening's first feature is "Rising Sun (1993)" with Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes and Harvey Keitel and a lot of Japanese actors I recognise but don't know their names.

Rising Sun (1993) - IMDb

It's progressing reasonably well.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2019, 19:22.

Comment

.... and noise was dutifully made

and greatly appreciated by a fairly large <100+> crowd.

i ache all over now, maybe i should take up knitting or something.

but it wouldn't be anywhere NEAR so much fun.

still, after a long shower and some curry, i feel like a new man.

well, a slightly less old man, anyway.

cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                cheers all

Cheers!

Tonight's meal here has been M&S battered chunky haddock fillet, with chips and beans. Very tasty

Comment

This evening's first feature is "Rising Sun (1993)" with Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes and Harvey Keitel and a lot of Japanese actors I recognise but don't know their names.

Rising Sun (1993) - IMDb

It's progressing reasonably well.
                  It got to a conclusion which was reasonable enough.

I'd never associated Mr Connery with either Snipes or Keitel but there you go.

Tonight's meal here has been M&S battered chunky haddock fillet, with chips and beans. Very tasty
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2019, 22:41.

Comment

M&S haddock on Friday. Wave of the future, Jack!

First film of this evening was Ender's Game (2013). Could have been OK, but a bit too derivative of Platoon for the first two-thirds or more. Nice FX though, I suppose

After that, I continued with the Harrison Ford oeuvre with Air Force One (1997). That's a bit more like it; cracking action from start to finish, and not really derivative of anything else

And then, as I had some beer to finish, I watched the first episode of Ever Decreasing Circles (1984). First time I've watched any of that series since the 1980s. Back then they were all so very clearly older than me, and now they're all positively youthful; even Richard Briers looks younger than me, and I suspect he's the oldest member of the cast

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ Ender's Game has resided on the shelf for a number of years, not sure if I've got the other one, certainly it doesn't appear with any regularity on the charity emporium circuit.

What gets me is how you Eastwood looks in the "Dirty Harry" and Dollar films.

I'm waiting for "Mule" to reduce to a price I'm willing to pay, and hoping it's rather better than "Enforcer 2".

Morning.

Grey.

Dry.

November.

Comment

Working...
                      X