• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

On the grey side again out there, but no sign of rain

Comment

And, having washed the pots, it's time for the Sunday afternoon shopping trip.

No steam locomotives are likely to be observed however, though Tesco is right next to what remains of the Neath & Brecon/Vale of Neath railway.

Now I think about it, the Vale of Neath traversed a viaduct that isn't there any more.

Or something.

Vale of Neath Railway - Wikipedia

Yes, it is the Vale of Neath Railway, the bit that goes to Swansea.

<interstitial pause and hiatus>

Shopping done.

<longer interstitial pause and hiatus while the cupboard under the stairs got a bit of a clean>

<taps screen>

Is this thing working or what?

Tea/dinner (as opposed to lunch) was Heinz baked beans on Morrisons Pumpkin seed brown bread toast.

Neither of which were reduced but tasted ok anyway.

I have a carpet cleaner.

Said carpet cleaner was purchased & assembled due to the unfortunate womiting of a much loved cat.

However, before said carpet cleaner could be pressed into use, said cat went to meet her maker.

Many tears resulted and the carpet cleaner resided unloved & unused in the cupboard under the stairs for 9 endless years.

I had a brainwave: put carpet cleaner thing back in the cardboard box it came in and thusly save a little space.

Naturally enough I can't work out how the feck it fits in the cardboard box, though I just had a glimmer of an idea on that.

This is Rambling Sid Rumpold signing off.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2019, 17:40.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Made a big batch of chips up to stage 2. Just going to pop them in the freezer.

And I've done an extensive refactoring of the GamplayKit stuff I've been mucking around with. Almost got it back to the point it was at yesterday, but at least the code's better organised now

Comment

See?

When I tap the screen it wakes things up.

And apes.

And it's 9.5 years since the cat went.

So that thing has sat unused for all that time.

Mind you it's not the only thing that's sat unused, there was a shedload of textbooks that went to meet the Oxfam shop, and a number of PCs that should probably become au fait with the electricals skip.

<taps screen again>

Testing Testing 1234.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2019, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Which proved to be suitably amusing a mere 51 years since I saw it in the cinema.

Thought I'd seen "3 days to kill" with Kevin Costner but I haven't & it's half way through so I'll give it a miss.

Looks ok.
            the next 3 days is pretty good

The Next Three Days (2010) - IMDb

no sandals required.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I will start a thread in general on this on Monday. I bet some others here have driver assist cars. But not NF-super-monkey-car....

Get a Tesla its going to be full Self Driving by Xmas according to Elon smug. By January its going to do the washing.

Oh wait anyone want a job writing the software? apparently the dev team resigned....
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

no sandals required.
                Yes I enjoyed that one.

Nice twist at the end.

Stone me, that took some finding:

Today's 3rd feature was "The Next Three Days" with Russell Crowe.

The latter third was quite exciting.
                Since the cricket has over run, I might a well do the dishes since the programme I want to watch has been cancelled.

Back in the day the BBfeckingC were always doing this sort of thing with Trek and multiple other things I wanted to watch.

Roughly 50% of a season of Trek was supplanted by some tedious rugby programme as I recall.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2019, 18:23.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

no sandals required.
                  I liked that one

Dinner is on, set to cook slowly; but I'm famished, having had no more than a bag of crisps for lunch, so now I'm tempted to turn it up so it's ready sooner

Comment

Since the cricket has over run, I might a well do the dishes since the programme I want to watch has been cancelled.

Back in the day the BBfeckingC were always doing this sort of thing with Trek and multiple other things I wanted to watch.

Roughly 50% of a season of Trek was supplanted by some tedious rugby programme as I recall.
                    And in a truly classic BBfeckingC move, the programme on BBC4 about the Shuttle is interrupted at 17 minutes in by fecking tennis.

There are 6 Red Button channels currently saying that they are showing wimbledon, so WTF is going on?

Comment

dinner has been breaded haddock with chips and peas, courtesy of the good captain and his aunt.

i, too, am hacked off with the BBC's constant prioritisation of fecking sport and soaps over all else.

Comment

Working...
                      X