• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hope we get some rain before too long
    Various bits of the country are due some the next few days.

Personally I want it cooler. And sunnier.....

Comment

Thanks to Twitter and MrFitz I now know more about early video game history than I really wanted or needed to. All in order to rebuff a stupid argument about the Apollo moon landing.

I need to get out more.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hello all

Back from hols. What did I miss?

Have to say, SWISS do first class exceptionally well. Very impressed. The Island Shangri-la hotel was pretty good too. Got bitten by mozzies loads on our last day when stomping around Victoria Peak and spent the journey home trying not to scratch my legs off.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Thanks to Twitter and MrFitz I now know more about early video game history than I really wanted or needed to. All in order to rebuff a stupid argument about the Apollo moon landing.

I need to get out more.
          And cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Hello all

Back from hols. What did I miss?

Have to say, SWISS do first class exceptionally well. Very impressed. The Island Shangri-la hotel was pretty good too. Got bitten by mozzies loads on our last day when stomping around Victoria Peak and spent the journey home trying not to scratch my legs off.

Comment

I need to get out more.
              Somebody put that tweet in a Twitter Moment™ and it's got 76 likes now

Comment

in order to rebuff a stupid argument about the Apollo moon landing.
                Which was?

We should be told.

In other news it was raining on the way over to Pontardawe, and it was raining even more at my mate's house.

In other other news there was a National Grid helicopter hovering next to the pylons for at least 20 minutes.

One assumed they were looking at insulators and checking for hotspots.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2019, 15:54.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Which was?

We should be told.

Is it the one about how it couldn't have happened because we didn't even have the ability to create the video game "Pong"?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Of course, my favourite fact about the Apollo moon landings are that they were fake.

NASA, realising they needed to produce suitable still and video images, then chose the best director of the day - Stanley Kubrick.

Kubrick agreed, but being the perfectionist that he was, he insisted that the fake video was filmed on location. On the moon.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Somebody put that tweet in a Twitter Moment™ and it's got 76 likes now
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X