• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the original tweet has been deleted
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Which was?

We should be told.

It was amazingly dumb:

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Is it the one about how it couldn't have happened because we didn't even have the ability to create the video game "Pong"?
      See?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Looks like the original tweet has been deleted

I've only had one idiot so far replying to me that the landings were faked; I'll ignore him for now, but any further attempt at engagement on his part will be met with a block

Though maybe the array of emoji after his statement are supposed to denote that he's joking?

Anyway, up to 100 likes and 7 retweets now. I should start a podcast

Comment

Tell them about the wonders of LOL memory and how it was knitted.

Anyway, of course they went to the moon, that Zeity guy was there in a cloaked ship.

Oh.

I've just had a thought.

Maybe that was actually Vasquez Rocks after all.

The lying git.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2019, 17:46.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tell them about the wonders of LOL memory and how it was knitted.
            People who grew up with everything silicon are always amazed by the idea of knitted memory. I don't know why; you only have to look at a Fair Isle or Arran jumper to see that there's a lot of information-encoding capacity in there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              People who grew up with everything silicon are always amazed by the idea of knitted memory. I don't know why; you only have to look at a Fair Isle or Arran jumper to see that there's a lot of information-encoding capacity in there
              and yet, they still use the term 'core memory'

the poor benighted fools.

Comment

Tea/dinner this evening was that carrots and onions thing with the remains of the roast lamb.

It wasn't particularly nice.

I think there was rather too much cornflower and paprika.

The evening's entertainment was "The Wall" on PBS being about The Berlin Wall and the Stasi.

Followed by "War Factories" on "Yesterday".

Apparently if you want to feck up aircraft production then let A. Hitler, H. Goering, and Udet do their worst.

Lots of brilliant designs fecked up by someone who wanted to make everything a dive bomber.

Comment

Lots of brilliant designs fecked up by someone who wanted to make everything a dive bomber.
                  a bit like TSR2 then?

dinner was a lamb ragu with penne pasta and grated pecorino.

i'm sort of getting back to cooking.

maybe the bang oan ra heid knocked some sense in?

oh, well.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    a bit like TSR2 then?
                    Yes, pretty much.

Except the Nazis didn't buy the F1-11 instead, or, as it transpired, the Phantom.

Now watching some nonsense on Blaze "Hanger 1: the UFO files".

Navajo gentleman goes & talks with s

If the s are so fond of Native Americans wtf didn't the s stop their genocide by whitey?
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2019, 21:13.

Comment

Chicken in red wine sauce (out of the freezer from the other week) with chips and peas for tea; very tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X