• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As foretold, wholemeal roast beef bap for lunch

Comment

Found my lost Nectar card on the floor behind my desk chair

Still have to wait for the new one to arrive as they change the number if you report it lost. Suppose I should check the post and see if it's here yet.

Comment

Meanwhile in the bathroom, two long-legged spiders are either skirmishing for control of a web, or engaging in courtship; though I believe those two things are pretty much the same in spiders.

Tempted to use this opportunity to trap them both in a box or something and chuck them out the kitchen window to sort it out outside

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Meanwhile in the bathroom, two long-legged spiders are either skirmishing for control of a web, or engaging in courtship; though I believe those two things are pretty much the same in spiders.

Tempted to use this opportunity to trap them both in a box or something and chuck them out the kitchen window to sort it out outside
          they might be trying to scare you off if they're vibrating

Comment

And the ongoing joy of chucking stuff away ongoes.

First out the door down the boot of the car was an ancient (25 year old) Tatung 14" VGA monitor that I got for nothing and "repaired" some 20 years ago as a spare.

Plugged it in, powered it up, it came up and lo! so did some smoke.

Not a lot, but a bit, so that's off to meet the recycling skip.

Next was a hideous computer speaker system comprising a subwoofer & two tweetery things.

The subwoofer sounds like the cone is fecked and not in a good way, so that's donated all its screws & circuit board, the rest is off to the tip.

Third was an Altec Lansing speaker system which hummed somewhat the last time I tried it.

Still works but the hum is worse and the smell of burning is a bit offputting.

The left & right bits work ok off 13.8V so they'll stay since "they might come in useful"

The subwoofer thing has been opened up and the smoke was seen to issue but whence it came* I dunno.

So that'll donate all its very many screws and circuit board, the rest is off to the dump.

Fecking horse fly attempted to take a lump out of my arm when I took the monitor down to the car, will have to be careful with the rest of the crap.

*From burning print on the underside of the pcb. Must have been a fair current to do that.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 July 2019, 15:05.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

If there's a tree-rat heaven, then it's got 2 more inhabitants in the last 24 hours.

Although, from my point of view, their fluffy little tails have been assigned to squirr-hell, or more precisely the public bin not far from here.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Found my lost Nectar card on the floor behind my desk chair
                can you have a quick look for my will to live too?
                i appear to have misplaced it.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  If there's a tree-rat heaven, then it's got 2 more inhabitants in the last 24 hours.

Although, from my point of view, their fluffy little tails have been assigned to squirr-hell, or more precisely the public bin not far from here.
                  funny that. i too got two this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    funny that. i too got two this morning.

Hammerli 550 with Nikko Sterling 3-9x50 AO IR MD.

What's your setup?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Hammerli 550 with Nikko Sterling 3-9x50 AO IR MD.

What's your setup?
                      Barnett black widow with 6mm steel balls and MKI eyeballs.

Comment

Working...
                      X