• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next book is "Blood, Tears and Folly" by Len "Ipcress" Deighton, being an objective look, apparently, at WWII.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Tears...gateway&sr=8-1
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

grey and muggy

You or the weather?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You or the weather?
        a bit of both.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Morning.

Interesting night's sleep.

Woke at 04:00 with the impression that I could smell burning.

I think it was a dream because there's no sign of it now.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

November.
          That reminds me of holiday last week! Woken up at 5am by a light turning on of its own accord. I'm lying there and I can smell something that's not quite burning but it's not right either. I fret for a little while then elect to call reception and ask. I get HWMBO up and dressed in case we have to evacuate! We're on the 53rd floor so I'm not willing to take any chances on a delay. Night manager stops by and explains there was a power failure and the smell was the back up diesel generators kicking in. Back to bed, except now I'm wide awake and don't properly get back to sleep again.

Comment

just went outside for a smoke

although it is pretty windy for some reason the sun is especially hot...

if not for the breeze it would be nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              just went outside for a smoke

although it is pretty windy for some reason the sun is especially hot...

if not for the breeze it would be nasty.

oh, NO! the sun's exploding! run away! run away!

Comment

While waiting for NickFitz to wake from his slumber, I wonder will MLFTB feature Rev Spooner, on what would have been his 175th birthday.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    That reminds me of holiday last week! Woken up at 5am by a light turning on of its own accord. I'm lying there and I can smell something that's not quite burning but it's not right either. I fret for a little while then elect to call reception and ask. I get HWMBO up and dressed in case we have to evacuate! We're on the 53rd floor so I'm not willing to take any chances on a delay. Night manager stops by and explains there was a power failure and the smell was the back up diesel generators kicking in. Back to bed, except now I'm wide awake and don't properly get back to sleep again.
                    I've told the tale before of when I was contracting at GWR-FM in Bristol. On the hottest day of the year, the power went off; the Cabot Centre was being built at the time and the builders had cut the main supply for the entire area. Being a radio station (well, about seventy of them all told, though some were just robots) they had backup generators which immediately kicked in. And, almost as immediately, one of the generators caught fire

I'd only just got down there, as I was mainly WFH at that point. We were evacuated, and the fire brigade put it out, but only having one generator meant they could only just keep up with the demands of the studios, so those of us who weren't DJs were sent home; or, in my case, off to my room at the Premier Inn

Comment

Lunch

Thai carrot soup. 3/10

The alternative being cajun turkey.

Comment

Working...
                      X