• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just been out the back, where I spotted a cinnabar moth caterpillar (one of those tiger-like ones, yellow and black hoops) making its way over the dusty cobbles, which aren't exactly its natural environment.

They feed on ragwort, but most of the ragwort out there has died away over the last couple of years (possibly due to being eaten by cinnabar moth caterpillars). Hunting around, I found a surviving plant down near the doctor's back gate, so I've given the caterpillar a lift over to it. Probably means there'll be no ragwort at all next year, but there you go
    so sow ragwort willy nilly.
    we need moths, and bees, and ..................................... etc etc

i can do without feckin wasps <if they chose to nest under the eaves of MY house>

Comment

24.2 in the living room.

Unpleasntly warm outside & it's overcast so won't cool down much overnight.

Down to 28 deg in the salting house.

The fridge is not happy.

Tea/dinner this eveing was M&S breaded cod.

It was nice.

The evening's first feature was "Abandoned Engineering", followed by Photographing the Bomb on Smithsonian, now showing "The Last Bomb", being a bombing raid on Japan.

Of course the B29 is the most bestest bomber of WWII.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 July 2019, 20:19.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

It's around the same temperature outside as in here, yet it felt noticeably warmer out there when I went out the back just now

Our thunderstorm probability has been severely reduced and the time available for them shortened, so I expect we'll end up with none

Comment

Still 24.1 in here.

All the windows are open upstairs but I bet it's rather warmer.

Comment

No telly tonight; instead, I've been reading Until the Final Hour, Traudl Junge's memoir of her time as Hitler's secretary from 1942 to 1945, on which Downfall (2004) is largely based.

Goodnight all

Comment

So did anyone else survive the Gottendamerung last night?

Storm kicked off at around 2:00am and was properly spectacular, almost an hour of near continuous lighting, thunder and driving rain. :valkyrie:

All gone now and stiflingly hot again
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

November.

23.1 deg C in here.

Slightly less outside.

Fridge struggling.

Rained overnight.

Don't remember donner und blitzen.

Wednesday.

What would have been Diamond Day once.

Ho hum.

Comment

Morning all

Hot & sweaty here.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Down to 22.7 now I've opened the windows.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      So did anyone else survive the Gottendamerung last night?
                      Yep, the panic room is the place to be on nights like this - air con, loads of Gin and bomb proof walls, I slept like a log

Oh, and - Gotterdammerung

Comment

Working...
                      X