• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's somehow even more disturbing that the pic they've chosen to illustrate "masturbation" is clearly a stock photo intended to represent "domestic violence" or "spousal abuse" or some such
    It is rather odd.

I do think this deserves a wider audience - do feel free to retweet

Comment

It's somehow even more disturbing that the pic they've chosen to illustrate "masturbation" is clearly a stock photo intended to represent "domestic violence" or "spousal abuse" or some such
      Clearly the link is 'behaving like a wunker'.

Comment

Morning.

23.4 deg in here.

Sunny.

Will this foul weather never end?

Now waiting for Boris to annexe the Sudetenland.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

I didn't get a phone call last night from Boris to be offered a role in the Information Technology department. Must be because I know something about IT.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Clear, hot day; it's gone from 25° to 26°C out there in the last half hour, and we're on target for 35° by late afternoon

And the tentative (30%) forecast of a thunderstorm at teatime has been withdrawn

Comment

And the tentative (30%) forecast of a thunderstorm at teatime has been withdrawn
              Interestingly, other mediums of augury still give the area a "high" probability of lightning around teatime, so maybe we're still in with a chance

Comment

Interestingly, other mediums of augury still give the area a "high" probability of lightning around teatime, so maybe we're still in with a chance
                Well the pointy thing on my barometer is falling so we may be in with a chance.

I'm in with the hoi polloi and from the sound of it it's Lego(tm) morning.

Comment

Just got a phone call from the landlord/manager guy: the downstairs back had a leak, and turning off the stopcock hadn't fixed it, so he asked (with many apologies) if I'd be willing to go down to the cellar and make sure they'd turned off the correct stopcock

He'd normally pop round for something like this as he doesn't live too far away, but he's on holiday in Cornwall.

This developed into a half-hour saga, as it turns out there's something wrong with the stopcock for that flat and turning it fully off doesn't stop the flow of water. In the end, it became apparent that the leak was from the flexible bit between the hot kitchen tap and the copper pipe, which had a small valve turnable with a flathead screwdriver; so I was able to get that turned off in short order. Crisis averted, and lots of brownie points with the landlord

It'll be a bit annoying for the family that live there having no hot water in the kitchen until he gets back from Cornwall, though.

Maybe I can cash in my brownie points for some scaffolding and someone to go up it and fix my sodding windows

Comment

Once I've been to Morrisons to buy some bread I'm off home TO OPEN ALL THE WINDOWS and sit in the COOLTH having a nice read.

Comment

morning

feckin 'ot C here in sweltering sarf herts.

Comment

Working...
                      X