• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    OK, what else would I like to be doing right now.

BTW, do you own a squirrel suit?
    I would imagine you would like to be doing exactly what you are doing right now!

After AtW and I split I only have access to the squirrel suit at weekends.

A week Sunday until my brother is cycling past your house along with about a million others. About a week ago I was drining to Horsley and saw all the road closure signs up.

Comment

morning

hissing down earlier, now sunny.

27C

Comment

Morning denizens

Pretty grey out, and not as excessively hot

Had to train the fan on the bed last night to get any sleep in the bedroom's 29.8°C

Living room and bedroom are both now down to around 28.6°. As outside isn't forecast to get any higher than 24 and there isn't much direct sunshine forecast, I'm optimistic of getting down to about 27.5° by the end of the day

Comment

Just been to sports direct. As judging from the delay in issuing results they might be bust tomorrow!

2 new pairs of swimming trunks. And a lovely Karimoor waterproof/windproof cycling jacket for only £50.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

A bit cooler in here today.

They've got the windows open.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Odd. Had the windows open and a pigeon was sitting on the window frame. Didn't seem bothered by my presence at all. Gone now, needless to say, it's left me a little present on the sill.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                needless to say, it's left me a little present on the sill.

Part of its brain where you blew its head off with an air pistol?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was going to head off and do the shopping but it's prescription week, and you can't collect them while the pharmacist is on their lunch break. IIRC they're back by 2, so I'll have to wait a bit

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Part of its brain where you blew its head off with an air pistol?
                    Stone me , and I worried about that Zeity chap & his 50 cal.

I ventured into the B forum.

For 30 seconds.

Then I came back here.

Just been reading about the winter of 1946/47.

Fortunate that there weren't any computers about coz there was no electricity to run 'em and no gas either.

It's a different world.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 July 2019, 12:16.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Stone me , and I worried about that Zeity chap & his 50 cal.
                      I don't have an air pistol. Currently.

I have got a nice sabre that would do the job, but given the position of my desk and the window, if a cyclist/other vermin was sitting on the windowsill and I pointed the .22 at it, the muzzle would be 10cm the other side of them.
                      Also, the sight min focus is 10 yards, and it's dialled in for about twice that.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X