• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I suppose he used that word during the pillow talk?

he used it on you too?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I turned instead to a quality film, namely "Ghost Rider (2007)" with Nick Cage and Peter Fonda.

Ghost Rider (2007) - IMDb

Which was battulip crazy but in a good way.

I enjoyed that.
      This evening was rounded off with "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2011)" with Nick Cage, Idris Elba, Anthony Steward Head (sans Buffy). This last gentleman had a lucky escape since he died within 5 minutes of appearing.

The rest of us weren't that lucky.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2011) - IMDb

Stone me, it has all the feel of "Highlander 2" and it's even got Connor McLeod (Christopher Lambert) in it to round it all off.

Take a reasonable concept from the first film, ridiculous as it was, change it beyond recognition, and onwards we go to absolute crap.

I see from the Freesat programme guide that Retro Films has appeared as channel 307.

Brief venture into the B forum which is always a mistake.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 August 2019, 21:43.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Following a fairly tedious tea/dinner, this evening's first feature was "Face/Off (1997)" with Nick Cage and John Travolta.

Face/Off (1997) - IMDb

After a good start I lost interest after 20 mins and turned instead to a quality film, namely "Ghost Rider (2007)" with Nick Cage and Peter Fonda.

Ghost Rider (2007) - IMDb

Which was battulip crazy but in a good way.

I enjoyed that.

Face off is a classic! Its like swordfish and jack Russels you don't know how low you will go.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's telly was another couple of episodes of From the Earth to the Moon, covering the Apollo 8 mission, and the seven year development of the LM at Grumman

Goodnight all

Comment

Dry here so far. Light rain expected later.

Comment

Morning all a bit overcast here but some blue skies creeping through.

The two boats I'm following are now line astern (admittedly >15NM apart) and are now due to finish tomorrow morning.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well there's a thing: apparently mentioning Jenni Murray in a tweet is regarded by the plod as a hate crime.

According to R4 just now it offends the surgically altered.

I think that the downfall of Western Civilisation cannot now be far off.

Presumably due to this:

Jenni Murray pulls out of Oxford talk amid trans row - BBC News

Morning.

Intermittently wet.

Intermittently dry.

Intermittently wanly sunny.

Mostly grey sky.

I believe it to be Tuesday and this is confirmed by the Lidl(tm) clocks.

I'm about to get rid of a convex mirror that adorned the Strangelove Parents' bedrooom for all those years.

Very gradually Getting Rid Of Stuff.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2019, 08:26.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was patchy cloud with the sun peeping through quite frequently, but in the past half hour it's gone properly overcast. And judging by the vigorous shimmying of the trees, it's quite windy too. It appears we should get some rain this afternoon

The bulb has gone in the bathroom, meaning an ascent of the stepladder looms

Comment

Yes, 'tis a bit windy like.

And the intermittent wetness is nigh on murrain of beasts in its intensity, sufficient, in fact, to wake me up a couple of times during the night.

I did wonder if the road was flooding at one point but was insufficiently interested to bother getting up to check.

Comment

Well there's a thing: apparently mentioning Jenni Murray in a tweet is regarded by the plod as a hate crime.

According to R4 just now it offends the surgically altered.

I think that the downfall of Western Civilisation cannot now be far off.

Presumably due to this:

Jenni Murray pulls out of Oxford talk amid trans row - BBC News

She does have a point imho

'Writing for the Sunday Times in March 2017, Dame Jenni penned an article headlined "Be trans, be proud — but don't call yourself a 'real woman'".
                      In it, she wrote that "it takes more than a sex change and make-up" to "lay claim to womanhood".'

Comment

Working...
                      X