• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurray lunchtime. Managed to get one report out. What a productive day

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Hurray lunchtime. Managed to get one report out. What a productive day
      I have very vague recollections of productive days*.

Unproductive days, on the other hand, 14 existentially endless years of those.

*Finding a bug that was preventing a piece of test equipment reading a file properly was one. It had something to do with the Intel MDS II file format IIRC. Then some oik heaved a stone over the car park fence & put the heated rear window of my Granada all over the back seat. It wasn't really a great afternoon.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2019, 12:21.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sardines-in-tomato-sauce toasties for lunch

That must count as one of the five-a-day or something akin thereto, given the olive oil, tomato sauce, and oily fish

Comment

Sounds a bit like instant dyspepsia to me.

And at my age it's getting difficult to distinguish dyspepsia from a heart problem.

Then again, everything hurts anyway.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          *Finding a bug that was preventing a piece of test equipment reading a file properly was one. It had something to do with the Intel MDS II file format IIRC. Then some oik heaved a stone over the car park fence & put the heated rear window of my Granada all over the back seat. It wasn't really a great afternoon.
          Feck me I did some stuff back in the day.

The frightening thing is that it's over 30 years ago.

Analysing the format on MDSII and the 9100 and 9300 Fet tester floppy diskettes (8" single sided) and writing stuff that let the things be programmed off line thusly saving the miserable bastards spending 100k+ on more equipment.

They were too tight to buy a £30 book that explained how floating point worked, so I read the requisite bits in the Bucon Microstore in Swansea.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2019, 12:31.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I forgot to have lunch, will sort that out in a minute, but I did knock out two more reports and I can now kick back for the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I forgot to have lunch, will sort that out in a minute, but I did knock out two more reports and I can now kick back for the afternoon.
              Its always good to knock a couple out.

Comment

I see the project I am currently on are quoting martinfowler.com . Who I used to work with. They seem to think he his some sort of demi god. He has come a long way since since I worked with him.....

Comment

Time for a video conference with Canada and Hong Kong

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I see the project I am currently on are quoting martinfowler.com . Who I used to work with. They seem to think he his some sort of demi god. He has come a long way since since I worked with him.....
                    I've got a couple of his books

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I've got a couple of his books
                      Do any of them deal with formatting web pages, cos his site could do with some
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X