• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    who the ****'s alexa??
    You'll want the sound on, preferably with headphones (may contain language that would offend)...

Twitter
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      One of those AI things that listens to all your conversations so the Google drones have sommat to laugh at.
      Amazon drones

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You'll want the sound on, preferably with headphones (may contain language that would offend)...

Twitter
        no speaka da taffy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Links are up
          Is it Monday already?

Comment

Cottons done, now mostly in the TD apart from the roller towel which doesn't seem to appreciate it much and since it's a roller towel doesn't need to be fluffed up, as it were.

I may hang it out on the line since the sun's out, no it's not, yes it is, oh it's raining, oh feck it I won't bother.

The sheets should be done shortly, though one of them is going to recycling since I've kicked an enormous hole in it, which is a pity since it was a nice sheet.

It's been held together with safety pins for the last couple of days.

Lunch was Heinz beans on Morrisons seeded toast, followed by some well past their use by date chicken kievs.

I'm not sure this last was a good idea but I haven't started throwing up yet & they did get nuked to death.

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
            Is it Monday already?
            Apparently it was on the 18th of June.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2019, 11:51.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
              Is it Monday already?
              Nearly

Comment

Hot dog for lunch

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Cottons done, now mostly in the TD apart from the roller towel which doesn't seem to appreciate it much and since it's a roller towel doesn't need to be fluffed up, as it were.
                That reminds me: I forgot to do the laundry yesterday. Suppose I might as well get it going now.

Comment

Hot dog for lunch

That reminds me: I forgot to do the laundry yesterday. Suppose I might as well get it going now.
                  Bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato bap. Very nice.

Blue skys and fluffy clouds outside. Breezy but baking hot when the sun gets on you.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The religious sheet and its partner are now on the line blowing like flags in a gale.

Which is more or less what we have at the moment.

They should dry well as long as it doesn't rain.

I'm not one of those who leave washing out on the line over night or for days on end for the birds to crap on etc.

<hiatus>

That was close, got the stuff in off the line just as the murrain of beasts approached.

Not dry but drier than they were.

Now over the banisters drying in the through breeze.

It was a pretty heavy squall too.

Today's Tome is "A Bright Shining Lie" by Neil Sheehan, being the story of the Septic involvement in Vietnam.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bright-Shin...s%2C187&sr=8-1
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2019, 13:21.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Final conf call done

Now the fun starts...
                      1. Switch on Out of office
                      2. Redirect ClientCo softphone to UPM's mobile
                      3. DROP TABLE... (they switched off my SQL update about a month ago)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X