• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture activity started with Momentum (2015), which was a bit chronic to start with, but managed to pick up as it went along and was generally pretty good overall

And after that, a rewatch of The Martian (2015), extended edition, because I really like it. It reminded me that I have the book but haven't read it, so I must dig that out and get stuck in.

And finally a couple of episodes of S.W.A.T. (TV Series 2017). It's excellent, but not as phenomenally excellent as The Shield; but I suppose you can only produce something that good once in a lifetime

Goodnight all

Comment

Everything feels great after a long sleep.

Woke up once in pain. And once feeling my stitches pulling.

Comment

Morning all.

Unusual time of year for the horizontal rain but there we be.

Windy.

Very wet.

Cooler.

Myriad apples fallen from the tree.

Dunno if anything else has transpired treewise.

And the Lidl(tm) clocks tell me it's Saturday.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning folks

Woken up before 6am by the wind rattling my window. Managed to doze off after an hour or so but now feeling pooped for the interruption.

About 18 degrees at the moment, still windy, overcast. No rain forecast.

Trying to decide if I can be bothered to go to the butcher round the corner for some merguez sausages to put in an adaptation of a shakshuka.

Comment

Morning all a tad breezy out
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Dunno if anything else has transpired treewise.
              The fig tree near the Plod station has lost two limbs.

That should encourage it no end.

As the occupants of the house up the road have found out, chopping branches off just makes a fig tree grow more.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                The fig tree near the Plod station has lost two limbs.

That should encourage it no end.

As the occupants of the house up the road have found out, chopping branches off just makes a fig tree grow more.
                I believe the same is true of many fruit bearing trees. A bit of abuse now and then makes them more prolific.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I believe the same is true of many fruit bearing trees. A bit of abuse now and then makes them more prolific.
                  Oh, in the case of the fig tree just up the road, that's definitely the case.

Planted in a really really stupid place where the roots will do the foundations no good, it's been hacked about regularly, chopped down to a stump, had concrete poured over it & back it comes.

Before the latest hack job it had a nice crop of figs and was about 6 feet across again.

In Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde there was a fig tree growing next to the electricity substation.

Said fig tree was 25 feet tall and 25 feet across before the "gardeners" hacked it back to a stump one year.

3 years later it was as big as ever and much more healthy.

To whit:

Google Maps

'Tis the very healthy looking tree on the left just about taking over the lamp post.

If you rotate the view anticlockwise a bit, you can see how enthusiastic it's really become.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2019, 11:02.

Comment

For those with long memories, this is the state of Ye Wrecked House:

Google Maps

To be clear, it's the one with the ivy growing up it.

That was in 2017, I'll warrant it's a bit worse by now.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

treat em mean....
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X