• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Went searching for "Rambo III" with no success other than a 4k Bluray for 13 times what I was prepared to pay for it.
    Is it on ebay/amazon?

I would ask if you have netflix/prime - and if it is on there - but I would expect to go on your ignore list if I did.....

Comment

According to Amazon: "Currently unavailable".

it'll turn up eventually.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        According to Amazon: "Currently unavailable".

it'll turn up eventually.

Rambo III DVD (2002) Sylvester Stallone, McDonald (DIR) cert 18 Amazing Value 5060021171054 | eBay

£1.76
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

£1.76!

Extortionate!

Thanks.

In the meantime I've been sorting out duplicates, of which there are far more than I was previously aware.

I sometimes manage to buy things I watched last year all over again again, but for 33p who cares.

For £1.76, on the other hand.

In other news, I just found a brand new unopened copy of "First Blood", which resided on a shelf far far above.

Ho hum.

That one can go to the charity emporium.

Today's acquisition of "Modernity Britain: Opening the Box 1957 - 1962" by David Kynaston should keep me busy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Modernity-B...DKXNTY0NNBTSXP

It's already reminded me of the "Tonight" show with Cliff Mitchelmore and Cy Grant (who did the calypsos and who I liked much more that Jimmy fecking McGregor).

Cliff Michelmore - Wikipedia

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2019, 16:18.

Comment

A shame it was on buy it now. I was going to put in a bid to put the price up

Comment

I thought I was too lucky. 3 miles/15 minutes from home. Not a drop of rain. I thought I had dodged it.

There was then a torrential downpour. WTH and BR14 will be delighted to know I am like a drowned rat now.....

Comment

Well there's a thing. Two new business opportunities in one day. One contracting related, one not.

This might be interesting.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And that’s The Martian finished. A very enjoyable read, I thought
                  Thanks for the tip, I'll look out for it. I enjoyed the film. Is the extended version much different?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Thanks for the tip, I'll look out for it. I enjoyed the film. Is the extended version much different?
                    There's about ten minutes or so extra, but nothing of huge importance: The Martian Extended Cut Includes 11 New Scenes, Here's What Happens In Them

Comment

Tea this evening turned out to be chili con carne with rice, followed by stewed blackberries and custard, followed in turn by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Now watching that nice Larry Olivier talking to us about The Home Front: "Home Fires 1940 - 1944".

"The World at War" Home Fires: Britain - 1940-1944 (TV Episode 1974) - IMDb

Mr Fitz would have missed his lard.

What's even more striking is that rationing was tighter after the war than it was during it.

<hiatus>

Now watching Abandoned Engineering about the Sea of Asov Aral Sea.

"Abandoned Engineering" The Desert Ghost Fleet (TV Episode 2018) - IMDb
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2019, 18:06.

Comment

Working...
                      X