• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    But then what would he wear under his jacket?

you've met my brother then?

Comment

Sardines-in-tomato-sauce toasties for lunch, and very nice they were

Still quite sunny out, but apparently it'll rain tomorrow, possibly all day

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        you've met my brother then?
        You've got a brother? I thought that was you?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Busy day being retired.
          Contacted by two agents about roles coming soon.

Ongoing preparations and stockpiling in case of a hard ... winter. I.e I’ve dug up the onions and they are now drying.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just changed the bed. I’ve probably doomed us to a spell of hot weather by putting the duvet inside the duvet cover; it got removed some time ago because of the heat, but it’s been needed again for a few nights now, so I thought I’d chance it

Comment

Well there's a thing: the chap down the dump tried to tell me that 3 computer monitors (Microvitec Cub, philips b&w, some other RGB monitor) were trade waste on the grounds that no one would have anything like that in their house.

I mentioned that they all went with the BBC B computer back in the day & graced many a house.

Tea this evening was M&S battered haddock followed by, you guessed it, blackberries and custard.

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment began with that nice Larry Olivier relating the joys of the Reich from 1940 to 1944.

It started rather better than it ended.

Followed by the Abandoned Engineering thing about stuff including some Finnish AckAck towers that defended their Molotov cocktail factory from Uncle Joe's legions.

Now watching "World War Weird" which this week covers the lunacy of Japanese militarist secret societies attempting to assassinate Charlie Chaplin and dear old Adolph's late obsession with talking dogs.

<hiatus>

The thing on BBC4 about the smart phone finally got inneresting at about 21:35.

The SIGSALLY bit was the most inneresting:

SIGSALY - Wikipedia

And it was nice to see Hedy Lamarr again.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 August 2019, 21:13.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You've got a brother? I thought that was you?
                just remember, cycling in sarf herts? - earplugs!

don't ever underestimate the power of the kill button.

Comment

But then what would he wear under his jacket?

Who is that? Looks familiar but can't remember. Nowt on Tineye.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Well there's a thing: the chap down the dump tried to tell me that 3 computer monitors (Microvitec Cub, philips b&w, some other RGB monitor) were trade waste on the grounds that no one would have anything like that in their house.

I mentioned that they all went with the BBC B computer back in the day & graced many a house.
                    That’s a weird one. I’ve taken plenty of CRT things down the tip and never got told that one

Was he perhaps too young to remember the days when we heated the room with our computer peripherals?

Comment

Tonight’s tea has been a roast dinner, using up the rest of the shoulder of lamb from Friday; and exceedingly nice it was

Comment

Working...
                      X