• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moist here. Raining steadily but not heavily for a good while.

For lunch, I finished off the sticky chicken wings I made the other day.

Comment

Having fun with map-related stuff this afternoon

And occasionally getting up to wander over to my lovely tall bay window, where I can look at the chestnut tree waving its arms around and people with umbrellas and anoraks plodding home through the wind and rain under the grey sky

Comment

Raining heavily here and has been all day.

Dog really didn't want to go out in it, had to be dragged to the park despite having her waterproof coat on.

Did the necessary, which took some time as she'd been refusing to even go out in the garden all day, then didn't need telling twice to head for home.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tea was M&S breaded haddock. It was nice enough.

Followed by the obligatory stewed blackberries and custard.

Which was nice enough.

Topped off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea.

Today's entertainment began with "Shane (1953)" with Alan Ladd et al.

Followed by that nice Larry Olivier telling us about August 1944 to March 1945.

"The World at War" Pincers: August 1944-March 1945 (TV Episode 1974) - IMDb

Arnhem and The Battle of the Bulge.

Followed by the Abandoned Engineering thing.

Including a thing about Fort Drum in the Philippines and how the Septics dealt with the Japanese infesting it.

Fort Drum (Philippines) - Wikipedia

In case you're innerested, they poured petrol and diesel in & set it on fire.

Took 5 days for it to cool down enough for them to enter.

No survivors.

Shortly "Battles of WWII" is about The Battle of the Bulge in rather more detail.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2019, 18:48.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

HWMBO is roasting quail and various vegetables from the butchers and greengrocers around the corner for dinner.

Our aperitif was a 1998 P2 Dom Perignon. With dinner we will be having an undated Garnacha from the Co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              HWMBO is roasting quail and various vegetables from the butchers and greengrocers around the corner for dinner.

Our aperitif was a 1998 P2 Dom Perignon. With dinner we will be having an undated Garnacha from the Co-op.
              why is he roasting it around the corner?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                why is he roasting it around the corner?

Yeah, I did re-read that after posting and decided that the DomP had obviously had some effect...

(FTAOD he's in my kitchen, not around the corner)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Yeah, I did re-read that after posting and decided that the DomP had obviously had some effect...

(FTAOD he's in my kitchen, not around the corner)
                  and the quail and veg?
                  in the kitchen too? or round the corner?

Comment

My upstairs neighbours are back, having been away all this week. I strongly suspect them of having been on holiday, but of course it's impossible to prove.

Comment

dinner has been gammon steak, egg, chips and peas.

and more nice chianti.

very nice indeed.

and no corners involved, at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X