• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I return...

Smoker Saturday it has been

Neighbours Chainsaw - old fuel, carburettor tuneup.
    Skinny Pete's Lawnmower - Blocked jets.
    Enduro Bike #1 - New front sprocket, general maintenance for Monday's ride prep.

Happy Frog!

Quick exit...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all filthy dog walk complete.

Now to get back to DaVinci Resolve 16, which claimed it had saved my changes several times yesterday, but then it crashed and when I reopened it, 5 hours of editing were gone
      I'd not heard of that before. I've been using Cyberlink Power Director and associated tools for the past 6 years or so. Are you using the free version?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Another 6 buckets of apples and associated drunken wasps have met the compost heap.

A halfhearted trip to the garage found a couple more bits & pieces for the next trip down the dump.

Also yielded some lawn spot weeder stuff which has been pressed into use to see if it kills honeysuckle.

If not, there's some proper agent orange just waiting for the opportunity.

Oh, and there was a shower of rain whilst I was engrossed in picking up apples but it barely registered really.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A simple but nutritious luncheon: chipolata and bacon butty, in sesame seed bloomer with red sauce

Comment

Nice day out. Blue sky with the odd but of black cloud that doesn't seem to be materialising into anything. Ventured to Sloane Square / Kings Road this afternoon to forage.

Between HWMBO and I we have procured Iberico pork chops, bavette steak, cheeses, and squid. Just having a beverage to fortify ourselves for the bus ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Just having a beverage to fortify ourselves for the bus ride home.

INKSPE among CUK posters! We should have a whip round for LM and HWMBO....

Comment

Lunch was that poached tomato and scrambled egg thing I do.

It was nice.

Tea was some chili con carne out of the 2nd batch in the freezer.

It was nice enough & rather hotter than the previous batch.

Followed by the obligatory stewed blackberries and custard which was very nice.

After which came the 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea.

Other than that, the entire afternoon was pretty much meh.

I think I'll be "pruning" the apple & pear tree this winter.

Since I'm rather fed up with picking apples off the lawn & carting them down to the compost heap.

Fortunately the grass isn't growing much at the moment so the compost heap isn't as full as it might be.

Not cutting next door's lawns also helps in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

INKSPE among CUK posters! We should have a whip round for LM and HWMBO....
                  send it tae me.
                  i live close.
                  i'll deliver promptly.
                  Honest

Comment

Read some stuff about the Mississippi Scheme in Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (though I only have an abridged edition thereof; I must get a proper one some time).

And after that, a bit more of Show Stopper!, about the creation of Windows NT

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Read some stuff about the Mississippi Scheme in Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (though I only have an abridged edition thereof; I must get a proper one some time).

And after that, a bit more of Show Stopper!, about the creation of Windows NT
                      Have you read "Soul of a New Machine" by Tracy Kidder?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-New-Ma...dp_kinw_strp_1

Currently watching Air Crash Special on Blaze.

Not nice.

Prior to that it was the Alaska NTSB programme about the Otter crash.

Taking off in the dark when 500lb overloaded is, apparently, Not A Good Idea At All.

Comment

Working...
                      X