• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinner was poached undyed smoked haddock and prawns, with steamed rice, garden peas and herby mayo.

awful it wasn't

apparently i'm some kind of sockie.

i never noticed.

is it terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Have you read "Soul of a New Machine" by Tracy Kidder?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-New-Ma...dp_kinw_strp_1
      Yes, it's a cracking book! This one attempts to emulate it, I think, but doesn't quite manage to pull it off. Still interesting though

Comment

This evening's venture into the disgusting is "Bad Skin Clinic" on Quest Red (in the absence of any WWII programmes).

So far it's an unfortunate lady who's used steroid creams on her eczema for 23 years & is attempting to go cold turkey with predictably unpleasant results

Then there's the black guy with keloid scars on his head, zapped off with a CO2 laser.

Now it's a guy with acne on his back, zit central, with lumps & bumps full of pus.

To round off, it's a lipoma.

The doctor really likes squeezing pus.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 August 2019, 19:41.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In the Chinese
            And very nice it was as usual

They were too busy for her to have time to think of some spurious reason why they weren’t busy

And they’ve got a new telly to replace the 14” portable on the high bracket with its Freeview box, though they haven’t got it hooked up yet

Comment

Went to Tendido Cero on Old Brompton Road for dinner, and very nice it was too. That was after several cocktails en route from Kings Road

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I'd not heard of that before. I've been using Cyberlink Power Director and associated tools for the past 6 years or so. Are you using the free version?
                Of course I’m using the free version!

Today I fiddled with the config and it’s saving OK now. I’m also glad that from force of habit from old school days, I had a spreadsheet with cuts and timings, so it only took a couple of hours to recreate the edit.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Which is "He was a Quiet Man (2007)" with Christian Slater, Elisha Cuthbert, William H. Macy.

He Was a Quiet Man (2007) - IMDb

Very Zeity.
                  Even more Zeity than I realised.

The evening's 2nd feature is "Point of No Return (1993)" with Bridget Fonda, gabriel Byrne, et al.

Point of No Return (1993) - IMDb

Being the Septic remake of "Nikita".

It's a rip.

<hiatus>

It was ok.

Probably not as good as Nikita and it didn't have Jean Reno as the cleaner, but there you go.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And they’ve got a new telly to replace the 14” portable on the high bracket with its Freeview box, though they haven’t got it hooked up yet
                  Hope they didn't take it down the dump, it's trade waste.

The Chinese up the road when it was an Indian used to have some channel talking a language I couldn't understand with subtitles that were squiggles I also couldn't understand.

So I got my chips elsewhere.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 August 2019, 23:05.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hope they didn't take it down the dump, it's trade waste.
                    Oh, it's still there, presumably in case they don't get the new one (which, from a brief inspection, I suspect to be "pre-used" rather than actually new) working

Tonight's epic entertainment was War for the Planet of the Apes (2017). Excellent stuff, and proof that the more apes you have in it, the better the film will inevitably be

Early night now, as I'm travelling south for a family gathering tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X