• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home again!

An enjoyable day, with multiple of our cousins in attendance along with their children - the latter being alarmingly grown-up these days, sporting partners and buying flats, which is more than I could manage

And plenty of nice food too

One of my cousins whose grown-up children were in attendance is now divorced from their mother, and has married again. Somebody asked how his first wife was, saying they'd heard she'd recently broken her arm. He said she had but she was recovering, adding "She's got the cast off." His current wife glanced at him and said drily "I thought I'd got the cast-off" which I found exceedingly droll

Comment

Not bothering with anything for tea tonight, as I ate so much this afternoon

Well, I might have a bag of crisps or some kind of light snack in a while, but that'll be as much as I need.

Comment

boiled gammon in a bun washed down with a fruity red after one or two beers.

fitted the most import part of my barbecue area today, then tested it fully. Those post mounted bottle openers are fab!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And not bothering with any TV either, as my left ear is a bit swollen inside, so probably needs a break from the hearing aid. I’ll practice the ancient art of reading a book instead

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            boiled gammon in a bun washed down with a fruity red after one or two beers.

fitted the most import part of my barbecue area today, then tested it fully. Those post mounted bottle openers are fab!
            Excellent - both the gammon and the bottle opener

Comment

And that's the TV version of "Dune" done & dusted.

2hrs & 56 minutes is a loooong time even when broken up by a shower, the Alaska plane crash thing, and Pacific War in Color.

Towards the end FF came into play just a tad.

Some bits were quite enlightening though.

TFBSZ.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I’ll practice the ancient art of reading a book instead
              One of my Tomes (the latest 800 page one) has reached 1958, Tommy Steele & Cliff Richard, while the other one has just reached 1945 and the end of the XX lets confuse the Krauts thing in WWII.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 August 2019, 22:26.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                One of my Tomes (the latest 800 page one) has reached 1958, Tommy Steele & Cliff Richard, while the other one has just reached 1945 and the end of the XX lets confuse the Krauts thing in WWII.
                I've reached page 102 of Day of the Triffids - a 1961 Penguin edition, original price 2/6, 95p when I bought it about twenty to twenty-five years ago

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Starting to turn quite Simpsonesque out there, with a light breeze ruffling the foliage

Comment

Morning all if all there be.

Grey.

Not currently precipitating but it was about an hour ago.

20 deg in here.

It appears to be Monday all over again again.

The lack of excitement over this is palpable.

Dreamed(?) that someone was knocking on the door last night so was up wandering about at 02:33.

Couldn't see anyone.

Probly coz it was dark.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 August 2019, 08:01.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all Blue skies and sunshine here, and having had a pleasant stroll with The Dog (tw), I’m now enjoying the fruits of this morning’s forage... mushrooms on toast for breakfast.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X