• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The morning's excitement consisted, in the main, of picking up 6 or 7 (I didn't keep a count) buckets of apples, some windfall, some infested with drunken wasps, and some picked off the tree, which duly met the compost heap, much to the distress of the drunken wasps and flies already infesting the compost heap.

I rather strongly anticipate that said apple and pear tree will get drastically pruned during the winter coz I'm ever so slightly fed up with this.

The raspberry and blackberry patches are also pencilled in for destruction since the infestation of honeysuckle is uncontrollable.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The raspberry and blackberry patches are also pencilled in for destruction since the infestation of honeysuckle is uncontrollable.
        No more stewed berries?

Comment

Rain due later.

Besides cycling commute(12 miles each way) I also went swimming on my lunch break. The Ironmonger Baths near old street. Did 24 lengths. The swimming pool is 100 feet (slightly over 30 metres) long! Lets call it 720 metres.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            No more stewed berries?
            Nope.

I'm not sure they agree with me particularly well.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Links are up

Comment

One Tome has now reached 1958/9 and the debates in Parliament about the Wolfenden Report.

I wonder what those mass debaters would think of the current state of affairs some 60 years later.

Those the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.

Doomed etc.

Feck me the phone call scammer are working overtime today.

Apparently as well as needing a new boiler my internet is about to be terminated.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 August 2019, 12:50.

Comment

Couple of roast chicken thighs, reheated, for lunch

The showers have arrived

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all Blue skies and sunshine here, and having had a pleasant stroll with The Dog (tw), I’m now enjoying the fruits of this morning’s forage... mushrooms on toast for breakfast.
                    Safe mushrooms I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Those the gods wish to destroy they first send a plague of fruit
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X