• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I find quite sad are all the toys, complete in their boxes, that have never been played with.

But there you go.

All my stuff is half wrecked.

Some of it is completely wrecked, the Scalextric in particular.

Then again £2k5 for a number 10 Meccano seems fair.

Meccano Set 10, Checked and Complete in original 4-drawer Cabinet | eBay

Then again, £8.999k?

Meccano Set 10..1950's amazing red and green..update coming very soon. ! | eBay
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2019, 12:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      What I find quite sad are all the toys, complete in their boxes, that have never been played with.
      You've got time to play with them now

Comment

Roast chicken bap (wholemeal) and a bag of plain crisps for lunch

It's a bit Simpsonesque out now, though just starting to cloud over, so like it's running backwards

Comment

Sunnyish but blowing half a gale.

Chap on the wireless this morning was saying that the British population eats half as much beef as it did at the start of the 1980s.

I seem to recall that there's a fairly fecking good reason for that.

Looks as if the comedian we have as PM might cancel HS2.

Well there's a thing then.

Lunch today was Heinz baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast (crust so Extra Thick ).

It was nice.

Having managed to get my Freecell score back up to 81%, I'm looking for sommat to do.

The garage summons.

And there are yet more apples to pick up, though there were only two buckets yesterday.

<hiatus>

One and three quarters buckets of apples today.

Some ancient (1979/80ish) pages from electronics magazines sorted for meeting the paper skip the next time I venture down the dump.

Along with an ancient rusty car radio (which might be trade waste of course) and some other crap.

Then further supplies of blackberries got themselves picked and they're gently stewing at the moment.

There's an ancient mandraulic saw in the garage, left by the previous owner.

I wonder if it's worth anything.

Oh.

About £45 apparently.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2019, 15:18.

Comment

The incipient cloud has backed off, so it's quite pleasant out, with a light breeze that's quite refreshing

Whilst out (just out the back) I met the woman who organises the Neighbourhood Watch, who told me that the ashes of my friend who died earlier in the year have now been interred in a Natural Burial Ground, whatever that is, to the northeast of the city. They put him next to one of his oldest friends, a nice chap I also used to know called Russ, who died a few years ago of COPD. I'll have to pop up and pay my respects to them both some time

Anyway, back inside now and doing map stuff. I assume it's perfectly normal for Microsoft's Bing Maps library to throw and log an error somewhere deep in its internals, then ignore it and work perfectly fine anyway? As in, perfectly normal for a Microsoft product?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Wotcher Scourer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  back inside now and doing map stuff. I assume it's perfectly normal for Microsoft's Bing Maps library to throw and log an error somewhere deep in its internals, then ignore it and work perfectly fine anyway? As in, perfectly normal for a Microsoft product?
                  Perfectly normal, operating as designed.

I well remember the M$ FORTRAN 77 compiler crashing the entire machine when compiling code (admittedly written by me) that compiled ok on the General Automation FORTRAN IV compiler.

Tea this evening was that onion and carrots thing with the remains of the roast beef.

It was meh.

Followed by some stewed blackberries and custard.

The custard was made with some soft brown sugar (as an experiment) which turned out rather oddly.

Though it was better than the beef.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Dear old Larry Olivier told us about the Empire of Japan.

"The World at War" Japan: 1941-1945 (TV Episode 1974) - IMDb

Followed by Abandoned Engineering which included a village in Dorset taken over by the MOD in the 1940s, a lighthouse in one of the Great Lakes, and now some Chilean phosphate saltpeter mine in the Atacama Desert. Then it was the Post Office Railway under that London.

Now it's War Factories.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2019, 19:29.

Comment

Followed by Abandoned Engineering
                    One of the very few things I bother watching.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

dinner has been haddock and chips from the local chippy.
                      minimising washing up, as i'm off to make noise in cloggyland for a long weekend with my old band

thankfully, all the cloggy's i met when living there were much less prone to whining misery than this forum's resident.

i suspect much of the old rock 'n' roll cliches will be indulged in, so wish me luck, chaps.

Comment

Working...
                      X