• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have made a no-bake mascarpone cheesecake with vanilla and lemon and a cherry compote to go with it. That's pudding sorted and the cherries used up before they go off.

HWMBO is doing something with octopus for dinner.

It's gin o'clock (technically a bit late but hey ho) so the weekend has officially started.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      HWMBO is doing something with octopus for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Someone else did the Giant Octopus wrestling, ours came from a fishmongers and is decidedly dead!

Comment

No "Abandoned Engineering" this evening, it's replace with a thing about Railways, today, who invented them & how they started.

It managed not to mention the first use of a steam locomotive in pulling a train of coal wagons, which happened on the Penydaren Tram Road in 1804, somewhat earlier than the line they waffled on about.

It didn't grip so got turned off.

The "Pacific War in Color" presumably gives the end of the conflict this evening, all over in a flash, or rather, two flashes.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been a rack of ribs and chips, and very nice it was

A few months ago, the last time I made it, I also made a tomato-based BBQ sauce which was really good. Unfortunately, I've completely forgotten how I made it

So I improvised the recipe for another one, and it wasn't too bad. There's something lacking, though I can't put my finger on it. But overall it was nice enough, which is good as I've now got a jar full of it in the fridge so I'll be having it again in the near future

Comment

Just ejected a moth which had managed to find its way through the kitchen window when it had the whole Earth at its disposal, yet was unable to find its way out again with a mere room to explore

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Channelling Lord Muck I had squid, steak, Kung po chicken ribs, duck pancakes, chicken curry etc. -- I took everyone including the MIL to a buffet to celebrate Miss V2's results, apparently again the brains have jumped a generation and she is quite bright like Miss V1.

Mrs V obviously isn't because she married me!

When miss v2 got an A in GCSE Drama I wasn't popular, I said we were sure our little drama queen would do well. She beat the results of the lead girl in every school play .

Powershell is an abomination unlike SQL which has the purity one associates with saints. However I have to marry(/get it extremely drunk so it creates offspring) Powershell with (almost) YAML's red headed step child to translate some obscure 4GL that is not self documenting .

Who thought doing LOVs in the language definition rather than like real humans using lookup tables was anything less than insane? They must have been on drugs. Makes building reports a nightmare.

I'm off to France for wine women & song, back in a few, try to behave!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just ejected a moth which had managed to find its way through the kitchen window when it had the whole Earth at its disposal, yet was unable to find its way out again with a mere room to explore
                    Think yourself lucky it wasn't a blue tit fledgling, in the front bedroom, clinging to the picture rail, while the StrangeloveMog attempted to "help".

Once the Mog had been removed & the windows opened a bit wider, it managed to figure out how to go back whence it came, unharmed.

Took a while to clear up the bird tulipe though.

Which has reminded me of the ?sparrow? that spent the night between the drawn curtains and the window some* years ago.

It eventually got the idea that flying out through the opened window might be a good idea.

*Would it be 10 or 15 years, I wonder. It must have been in the summer when the window was opened to allow the bedroom to cool below its usual 90 deg F when the sun was out. Said bird presumably came in through the window to roost.

TV finally wrapped this evening with S2E13 of "The Good Life" followed by "The Lost Tapes" on Smithsonian aboute Pearl Harbour.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    TFBSZ
                    WWTFHS
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      I'm off to France for wine women & song, back in a few, try to behave!
                      Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                      X