• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not watching but reading tonight, to wit Sully, the autobiography of that pilot who landed on the river in New York after bird-related shenanigans.

Early night now, as there's shopping to do in the morning - apparently the afternoon is going to be hot.

Goodnight all

Comment

Happy Friday, workers

Comment

Morning all

Workers?

You think this lot are workers?

Currently sunny, though the slice of sky visible through the gap in the curtains is completely grey apart from the bit over the mountain the other side of the valley, look you, which is black.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post

Happy Friday, workers
          It's Friday, I'm in Love...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start here

Ideal weather to do the shopping, in fact, ahead of what is forecast to be a warm afternoon, and a hot weekend to follow - currently 18°C here, but they're predicting 28° over the weekend

Comment

Looks like blue sky this morning. Currently 20 degrees, forecast to reach 26.

I have a day off. I will be doing my VAT return, first MTD one, this morning. HWMBO is off to Marylebone for a meeting and then we're going to the British Museum for a mooch about the Manga exhibition and something else, I forget what.

Comment

Time for The Shopping: The Don't Forget To Collect The Monthly Prescription edition

Comment

Morning all clear blue skies and sunshine here. Nice walk earlier, >500g of ceps picked.
                  Also picked 3 ripe figs, which will help keep things moving.

I need to pick the greenhouse grapes as they are being trashed by wasps Probably lost most of them, which will mean no new wine this year.

This retirement lark is keeping me busy.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shopping done, prescription remembered

Lunch forgotten

Ah well, there's various options for lunch already here

I skipped M&S on the grounds of not truly needing anything from there, which would have resulted in just getting a bunch of stuff ranging from nice-to-have to completely-unnecessary

It seems that they open the trolley-sized self-checkouts in Sainsbury's at around eleven on Friday morning, as they were closed when I passed them at about seven minutes to, but had been opened after I'd wasted a few minutes doubling back for something.

Comment

MTD VAT return done. Simple enough, no real change to the process I used to follow other than an extra one-off step to authorise Sage One to submit / amend VAT returns.

Just need to do my year end accounts but I'll leave that until after the weekend when HWMBO has gone back up north beyond the wall.

Now to hang some washing out and then I'll be off to do that cultural stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X