• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lunch forgotten

Ah well, there's various options for lunch already here
    Hot dog, as it turned out

Comment

Lunch was Heinz baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast (the last round just about to turn blue) with the merest smidgeon of Morrisons pork pie (reduced).

Followed, as is only right and proper, by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea.

Tasted a bit difference coz I cleaned the teapot yesterday.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunny out now

Comment

Stone me it's warm out there.

Just walked across site after a meeting and I'm sweating buckets just from that.

May have to plug the AC in this evening.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sunny out now
            Ain't it just.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Just walked across site after a meeting and I'm sweating buckets just from that.

May have to plug the AC in this evening.
            WTBS

Spent a couple of hours "gardening" again.

Massacred another bush, then on to a bit of weeding.

Pissed off a couple of elephant hawk moth caterpillars.

Disturbed a newt.

I think a shower might be a good idea.

The formication is working overtime but at the moment there may, indeed, be bugs.

The sky visible through the gap in the curtains is CBS.

Comment

Some mapping examples I'd uploaded didn't work because I'd used an HTTP URL for Bing Maps, and GitHub pages uses HTTPS. IIRC, I'd copied the URL directly from Microsoft's own examples in their documentation

Fixed now. And my Mississippi maps are coming along nicely

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                WTBS
                About 24°C outside here, I am informed. And about the same within according to the various thermometers. But it's not too bad compared to what it has been like in here

Luckily it takes several days for the worst of the heat to permeate the place, and it seems this heatwave will be more of a ripple

Comment

Tea this evening was M&S breaded haddock.

It was very nice.

I consumed my potato crop*, this year it being one red potato, which was a good size it must be said.

Followed by the obligatory stewed blackberries and custard (this last being made with white sugar since making it with brown unrefined really does make it look and taste a bit odd).

It was very nice.

Followed in turn by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The televisual feast, such as it is this evening, begain with "The World at War: The Bomb February - September 1945".

"The World at War" The Bomb: February-September 1945 (TV Episode 1974) - IMDb

It was grim.

Not intrested in the train thing, which today, apparently, is telling us about how the Evil British used railways to rule 25% of the world.

Well someone had to.

Just be grateful it wasn't the fecking Japanese.

Or the Belgians.

It's quite fascinating that none of these programmes have mentioned that we rearmed the Japanese troops in Vietnam after the end of the war so we could keep order whilst awaiting the return of the French.

It's all madness.

*Off one plant. There's another plant so there may be a 100% increase if I'm very lucky.

None of these things were planted by me, they come from tiny tubers left from previous years.

Now we're onto the prog about crossing the Rubicon Rhine 1945.

Which rounded off that series.

Next up was an ancient ep of NCIS.

Now watching the Alaska plane crash NTSB thing on Smithsonian.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 August 2019, 21:02.

Comment

Comment

M&S chunky fish (either cod or haddock, I can't remember which it was) with chips and beans for tea

Now to waste ages trying to decide what to watch tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X