• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah, the brave Lidl soldier has just informed me that the lawn mower is out of petrol.

Well we can fix that easily enough.
    Have to get a new lawnmower then?

Comment

Proper Sunday dinner tonight, built on a solid foundation of roast pork; and exceedingly nice it was

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Have to get a new lawnmower then?
        Yes, why not.

£220 for 3 uses seems fair to me.

Why someone else, either me or his wife, has to go & get a gallon of petrol for him to put in the mower is, I must admit, rather beyond me.

Is it beyond reason for a 36 year old man to walk down to Morrisons, buy a petrol can, and then fill it with petrol?

It'd cost at least £10.

The evening's 3rd feature, since I was bored after 20 minutes of Megastructures, was "Escape from Alcatraz (1979)" with that Clinton Eastwood chap. Dangerman was playing the Warden.

Escape from Alcatraz (1979) - IMDb

Stone me, was it really 40 years ago?

It was tensely tense and rather good in a slow burn sort of way.

On the subject of "Faster" ^^^ the dvd has an alternate ending which is quite amusing.

I didn't notice the thing about Mr Johnson's hair care.

22.8 now. Warmer upstairs.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2019, 22:19.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

On the big screen this evening: Fail-Safe (1964), in which a bunch of US nuclear bombers are mistakenly sent to bomb the USSR and can't be recalled, much to the chagrin of people on both sides. Good stuff for its day, though calling the system "fail-safe" doesn't seem correct, given that the consequences of a fairly trivial equipment failure are clearly not at all safe

I think I saw this on the telly many, many years ago.

Still too warm, though it seems it'll get worse tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            On the big screen this evening: Fail-Safe (1964), in which a bunch of US nuclear bombers are mistakenly sent to bomb the USSR and can't be recalled, much to the chagrin of people on both sides. Good stuff for its day, though calling the system "fail-safe" doesn't seem correct, given that the consequences of a fairly trivial equipment failure are clearly not at all safe

I think I saw this on the telly many, many years ago.

Still too warm, though it seems it'll get worse tomorrow

Goodnight all
            I have the dvd and the remake somewhere in the stacks.

It's not as funny as my film though.

Morning.

Dry.

Hot.

CBS.

Bank Holiday.

The weather's borked beyond belief.

And, of course, not forgetting:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2019, 08:04.

Comment

Morning all Went to the Bluebird Cafe in Ferring for breakfast yesterday and a walk along the beach with The Dog (tw), followed by a wine tasting at Albury Vineyard. Then our Guineafowl arrived, much hilarity ensued.

Today will be spent watching Guineafowl.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The phone scammers are starting early today: 09:28 while I was washing the breakfast dishes.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2019, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all Went to the Bluebird Cafe in Ferring for breakfast yesterday and a walk along the beach with The Dog (tw), followed by a wine tasting at Albury Vineyard. Then our Guineafowl arrived, much hilarity ensued.

Today will be spent watching Guineafowl.
                  Cripes! I used to live up the road from there, in Goring!

Comment

I am the only person in the office today, bliss!

There's people next door in the operations centre but I don't go in there.

Home at lunch time methinks. Especially as I forgot to bring edibles with me as the canteen and coffee shop are closed. (HQ don't care that the people in the ops centre have to man the place 24/7, they only cater for the M-F 9-5 workers...)

Comment

Morning denizens

Still hot

Starting at 26.5°C in the living room while it's a mere 21° outside, though forecast to reach 29° again later

Comment

Working...
                      X