• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose I'd better see about getting it together to go and do the shopping

Oh, and the recycling bin's probably been done so that will have to be trundled back in. It's all go on a Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens :wave
      Possibly. Though I'll probably change my mind about the morning thing after a few weeks, when the novelty wears off
      There is/was a particularly good 8.8% Imperial stout that would be appropriate here

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Cottons in the WM.
        Cottons variously on the line or in the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

It must be observed that the excitement of my life knows very few bounds.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It must be observed that the excitement of my life knows very few bounds.
          i recall making an observation along those lines some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            i recall making an observation along those lines some time ago.
            Quite.

Sometimes reality just washes over one.

A bit like a tsunami.

Comment

Quite.

Sometimes reality just washes over one.

A bit like a tsunami.
              or a pink floyd song

'and then one day you find
              ten years have gone behind you
              no-one told you when to run
              you missed the starting gun'

but enough of this frivolity!

off to feed the fishes.

Comment

Shopping done

The most exciting aspect of which was observing the bored slow-moving Sainsbury's employee colleague walking up to the trolley-sized self-checkouts and activating them at 11am, thereby confirming my hypothesis.

When I got back, I ran into (not literally) the landlord of two or three of the houses further up, trundling their general waste bins out to the narrow strip of land along a fence where they await collection. He told me that he's moving his fence out over that area to his boundary line right next to the carriageway (as I assume it's rightfully called, having originally been for the residents of these large houses to get their carriages in and out), as he's fed up with people dumping junk there which he then has to have removed (and, presumably, dispose of as trade waste) - he's just had it cleared up yet again, and it cost him £300 apparently.

I refrained from pointing out that it's largely his tenants who dump stuff there in the first place, and they'll probably just leave it in their back yards instead whence he'll still have to dispose of it; I doubt he would have listened

Anyway, it'll potentially make it difficult to get the car out on bin day if people start leaving their bins on the carriageway instead, or indeed if the bin operatives dump them there after emptying, which they probably will

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  but enough of this frivolity!

off to feed the fishes.

Do make proper knots around the concrete blocks and the ankles or the fish food might float away and we all know how embarrassing that can be.

Make sure the water's deep enough too.

You ain't seen me, right?

Comment

Oh, and I hit the hot food counter up for a couple of southern not-fried chicken thighs for lunch

Comment

Do make proper knots around the concrete blocks and the ankles or the fish food might float away and we all know how embarrassing that can be.

Make sure the water's deep enough too.

You ain't seen me, right?
                      If you use the precast ones with the holes through them you can just shove the feet through and put a zip tie around the ankles. Saves a lot of bother and potential embarrassment.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X