• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    If you use the precast ones with the holes through them you can just shove the feet through and put a zip tie around the ankles. Saves a lot of bother and potential embarrassment.
    I once read that London's East End gangsters of the 1960s would wrap the fish food, along with some suitably heavy bits of scrap iron, in chicken wire and chuck the whole assemblage off a trawler. Small fish and such could get through the holes in the chicken wire and ensure everything was eaten, and there was no chance of any big bits breaking off and being washed ashore somewhere, causing embarrassment.

Comment

What a fount of wisdom this thread is.

Shirts now in the TD, jeans & coloureds in the WM.

Still grey out but not raining & the wind should be drying stuff reasonably well.

I may go & potch about in the garage a bit later since yesterday's gardening excesses need not be repeated quite yet.

Allegedly it'll rain tomorrow so may be a nice bonfire might be pencilled in for the evening.

A bit before I retired I bought some electronicky bits and pieces for a not inconsiderable amount of moolah.

Last week I found some of that stuff down in the garage where it had sat unconsidered for the last 20 years.

Along with some totally useless surface mount stuff.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 August 2019, 11:46.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I once read that London's East End gangsters of the 1960s would wrap the fish food, along with some suitably heavy bits of scrap iron, in chicken wire and chuck the whole assemblage off a trawler. Small fish and such could get through the holes in the chicken wire and ensure everything was eaten, and there was no chance of any big bits breaking off and being washed ashore somewhere, causing embarrassment.
        With the added advantage that the chicken wire will constrict the corpse as it bloats, causing it to burst and release any gasses built up that might cause it to float back to the surface again.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          With the added advantage that the chicken wire will constrict the corpse as it bloats, causing it to burst and release any gasses built up that might cause it to float back to the surface again.
          They've never found that last student who fell in the river Tawe.

I was expecting him to float after 3 weeks but I suspect he went out to sea.

But not in ships.

CCTV shows last movements of missing Swansea student Tapiwa Matuwi | Wales - ITV News
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 August 2019, 12:05.

Comment

Afternoon all

The Dog (tw) had to go to the vet this morning for an injection, so after walking her and showering her, we went into the metropolis of Dorking. Dog sorted, shopping for the weekend done. Now to get on with the job list.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just "ironed" a shirt and a couple of others.

Said shirt isn't a non iron type shirt and it's looked so disgusting that I finally found the iron (last use in 2014) and the ironing board (ditto).

It looks a bit more presentable now and the button hole bits on the other two are a bit better than they were.

Now sitting down due to the extreme shock of the last 15 minutes.

Bearing in mind that the last time I ironed anything was last millennium.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Those home BP monitors appear to be rather dependent on location, put the band thingy too far down your arm and the BP goes up quite a bit.

I agree. That's why I get the qualified one to do it for me. If she's happy with the position, that I've relaxed enough from putting it on, etc, then she accepts the results.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Just "ironed" a shirt and a couple of others.

Said shirt isn't a non iron type shirt and it's looked so disgusting that I finally found the iron (last use in 2014) and the ironing board (ditto).

It looks a bit more presentable now and the button hole bits on the other two are a bit better than they were.

Now sitting down due to the extreme shock of the last 15 minutes.

Bearing in mind that the last time I ironed anything was last millennium.
                  Hang on...

If the iron was last used in 2014 but you last ironed in the previous millennium, who used the iron 5 years ago?

Enquiring (aka nosey) minds need to know

Comment

Chores done in preparation for New Boom on Tuesday. I'll be Bombing around Slough until Baby Jesus Day.

Neighbours mower fixed. Carburettor problem. Champion Shyte.
                    Lawns mowed using said contraption
                    Old Atco Deluxe spun up after 2 years, second pull. Has London Design Museum sticker on from previous life.
                    Old Billy Goat, too.
                    Petrol in Airhead ready for Tuesday's action, Jawohl!
                    Xtrainer prepped for morning ride down to Punchbowl.
                    Mutt Mongrel tidied for Madam Scruff.

Archer's were being morose in the background, as usual.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Well I was supposed to go into the office today. When the alarm went off at 0610, I hit snooze and went back to sleep.

Three days WFH and achieved sweet FA. All billable though!

This weekend I will do my year end accounts and send them over to the accountant for his annual once over. Not much to do: just bank reconciliations and a couple of journals to enter.

I may see about a visit to the cinema. Is there anything decent out?

Comment

Working...
                      X