• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken and barley soup for lunch. Wholemeal toast only due to forgetting to buy a white loaf last week, but still very nice

I need to roast a chicken so I can make some more soup, as that was the last of it in the freezer.

Forum seems to have recovered

And the clouding over is finally underway, with the west now grey

Comment

One of the Tomes (the 880 pager) just reminded me of the adverts for "Signal Toothpaste, the toothpaste with hexachlorophene in the stripes".

Apparently hexachlorophene is implicated in brain damage which explains a lot.

Hexachlorophene - Wikipedia

Ah, more innocent days, dear dead days beyond recall.

The Science Is In: Stripe Toothpaste with Hexachlorophene | Philosophy / World View | Apocalypzia

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Lunch at Jimmy Jacks - a greasy spoon near Liverpool Street. I had full english for a change.
        With manly Brown sauce??

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          So I am having problems with the forum on my mac - (using both Opera and Chrome)

Firstly it was the too many redirects.

The it would only ever take me to the first page of the thread - which is often fine - except for this one - clicking the last button took me back to the first page...

Seems fine on my windows laptop though (using chrome) .

All seems back to normal now.. (13.30)
          Was having the same issue son Safari. Gave up and went and did something useful instead.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Was having the same issue son Safari. Gave up and went and did something useful instead.
            Which means anything other than CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              One of the Tomes (the 880 pager) just reminded me of the adverts for "Signal Toothpaste, the toothpaste with hexachlorophene in the stripes".

Apparently hexachlorophene is implicated in brain damage which explains a lot.

Hexachlorophene - Wikipedia

Ah, more innocent days, dear dead days beyond recall.

The Science Is In: Stripe Toothpaste with Hexachlorophene | Philosophy / World View | Apocalypzia

Hexachlorophene gets a mention in a Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band song as a result of those commercials

Comment

2nd bottle of wine in Gordon’s with an agent. Since he is an agent I have worked through in the past, this is a legitimate business expense.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Eventually got bored with reading and the rain got heavier, so a nice bonfire was called for.

Shedload of crap burned, lots of smoke.

Shedload of stuff still to go, but that's going down the dump.

Now watching the thing on Yesterday all about Adolph Eichmann.

World War Weird is on at 20:00 for our next list of inspired lunacy.

Sadly there will be no mention of chicken heated nuclear bombs in this one.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Having fun dealing with transformations between different map projections; by which I mean getting thoroughly confused and putting it off to another time, as I don't really need it at the moment, I just got a bit sidetracked

Comment

Steak pie <pukka> chips <auntie> and beans <that '60's singer> for dinner.

rather nice.

Where is the Mr Creosote emoji?
                      i've been requesting this for some time, now.
                      DO get on with it, there's a nice emoji chap.

stuffed.

oh, and a chilean merlot.
                      's a hard life

Comment

Working...
                      X