• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corned beef butties for lunch; wholemeal bread, due to the continuing fallout of forgetting to get a white loaf last week

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Friend's flight is about to pop up on NATS so I'll watch it come down before leaving
      If flying into LHR I can keep an eye on it

Comment

My prescription says I'm due for a medication review, but sometimes that can be dismissed by the receptionist, so I was going to pop round and check with her. I looked online and there was an appointment available tomorrow morning, should I have to actually see the doctor; but I know from experience that they often give you one the following week anyway, jealously guarding the immediately-available ones for some reason.

Separately, I was thinking that if my ear gets any worse I'll have to go and see the doctor about it, but it might take ages to get an appointment.

After much dithering over these two entirely separate and unrelated matters, it finally occurred to me that they weren't separate and unrelated at all. So I booked the appointment tomorrow. Even if the ear's getting better by then, it won't be perfect, so he can have a look and see if it still needs anything like antibiotics to prevent a recurrence. And while I'm there I can ask if him to do the medication review, as that just involves ticking a box when I say there aren't any problems with my medication, which he'll ask about as a matter of course anyway

I'm still not used to the idea of going to the doctor because there's something minor wrong, like a sore ear. For nearly thirty years I just waited for things like that to sort themselves out, which they always did, until the first heart attack thrust me into the hands of the medics. But now I'm on the hook, I suppose I might as well take advantage of their services. It's only next door so it isn't even that much trouble

Comment

Closely watching the BBC now as the titanic struggle between 2 sides continues.

Yes the Ashes is on.....

Comment

There we are then, another s meet up in the Bank Statement in Swansea, putting the world to rights with a total and complete inability to actually affect anything whatsoever.

Went down to Swansea on the X8, came back on the X5, during which last the heavens opened and a full on murrain of beasts with added old women and sticks happened.

Another 8 or 9" of preloved dvds added to the collection cluttering up the staircase.

Have I missed anything?

Just askin' like.

CBS again now.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2019, 16:28.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              putting the world to rights with a total and complete inability to actually affect anything whatsoever.
              You are the current Prime Minister and I claim my five pounds

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                CBS again now.
                That was then, now, not so much.

Grey with added sun.

Which is odd.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                You are the current Prime Minister and I claim my five pounds

Tea this evening was that thing I do with the last bit of the roast beef from Sunday with carrots & onions.

Aside from a touch too much hot smoked paprika, it was pretty good. (Damning with faint praise as ever).

No custard today since there are no stewed blackberries any more.

Though I suppose I could walk up the hill and find some higher up since there's a distinct progression with altitude re the blackberry ripeness criterion.

All rounded off with the 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea which, today, tastes the way it oughter.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Wot's this ear 'ere
                It's a poorly ear, 'ere, trust me, I'm a Doctor

Have been wondering if I should consult the quack on the wheezing and chest pain, but I really can't be arsed.

In much the same sort of way I couldn't be arsed about the aortic aneurysm test thing.

Somehow I really just don't give a tulip.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2019, 17:44.

Comment

Aside from a touch too much hot smoked paprika
                  Funny coincidence, I put too much smoked paprika in the potato/sausage soup thingy I made tonight. Tasted more like a curry. May just get the hang of cooking before I snuff it.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This evening's televisual feast began with "Nixon (1995)" with Anthony Hopkins et al.

Nixon (1995) - IMDb

It is suffering a brief hiatus whilst "War Factories" is on Yesterday, this week about Soviet War Factories.

Comment

Been some rain here. It's quite chilly too: 14°C outside. Still 21° in here, without any attempt at heating the place

Comment

Working...
                      X