• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six minutes to the appointment. Travel time is about thirty seconds. Maybe I should go just in case they're running early

Comment

In the waiting room. Waiting…

Comment

And home again

He's prescribed some antibiotic cream to shove down there. According to the NHS website they often just wait for things like this to go away, so he must think it's a good one

And the medication review was passed without the battery of blood tests he sometimes requires

Comment

At the barber’s gentlemen’s hairdressers’

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            At the barber’s gentlemen’s hairdressers’
            There is a cafe on the town square here that does various versions of Afternoon Tea, including a Gentlemans Tea. Which involves pork pies and beer
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              There is a cafe on the town square here that does various versions of Afternoon Tea, including a Gentlemans Tea. Which involves pork pies and beer
              A number of places now do a Gentleman's Tea, always seems far more appealing than a plate of cake

Comment

Coincidentally the missus got some vouchers for afternoon tea at the Grosvenor in Chester..

Hope I get to choose which one as it would have to be this

Gentleman’s Indulgent Afternoon Tea | Chester Grosvenor

Comment

Wot's this 'ere ear doing 'ere then?

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Wot's this 'ere ear doing 'ere then?

Live scenes from my consultation this morning

So, today I have: been to the doctor's, been for a haircut, collected the prescription, and done the shopping, both M&S and Sainsbury's; and it's still only lunchtime

Bit knackered TBH, but I got some hot chicken bits for lunch so they'll perk me up

There was a bit of a palaver at the pharmacy. I told them my name and that my GP had sent over a prescription this morning; I was quite ready for them to tell me it wouldn't be ready until this afternoon or some such. Instead they gave me a cock and bull story about how they couldn't fill it as the product in question (antibiotic cream) no longer came in the size of packaging prescribed, and they therefore only had it in a larger size, but I'd have to go back to the surgery and get them to change the prescription. Bearing in mind that the surgery is closed on Thursday afternoon and there's no doctor present outside of the times when they're actually seeing people, it looked like I might be out of luck until at least tomorrow

Anyway, they said they'd give me a printed copy of the prescription to take back to the surgery, electronic prescribing apparently not allowing for such a situation, and started looking through stuff. Then they looked through more stuff, and some other stuff, and finally asked another person (who might have been the actual pharmacist) if they'd seen it anywhere. They said "Yes, it's there" pointing at - you guessed it - the packaged and ready-to-go prescription containing the product in the prescribed size that was, I'd just been told, completely unavailable

So that was that sorted out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In the waiting room. Waiting…
                      The Doctor will see you now