• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soggily sat in with the hoi polloi.

Just as well the jeans are going in the wash when I get back home.

I'm used to the phenomenon of typing "the" as "teh" etc. but I just typed "in the with" in that 2nd sentence.

My brain is rotting.

Now what did I want in Morrisons?

I'm sure there was sommat or other.

I was about to type something here but I've forgotten what it was.

Oh yes.

After yesterday's epic £25/hr contract in Cheltenham today's unmissable contract offer is £45 - 48/hr in Bristol.

I don't think I'll bother.

By the time I remember where the CV is, I'll have forgotten what I wanted it for.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 September 2019, 09:17.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cleaner is busy cleaning things.

Mrs BP and baby BP are travelling back from the Sarf Coast.

At noon I am going to help DS1 with his Maths A level. It will be tough thinking down to that level, but I will try to remember it could be worse. I could be with DS in with the great unwashed.....

Comment

Lunch today was a Ginsters Cornish Pasty (Morrisons, unreduced) with Heinz beans on Morrisons seeded toast (unreduced).

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

It was all absolutely adequate.

On Monday morn I shall be off to Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde for a cup of coffee with Ye Olde Fartes and the unfortunates still working at the coal face.

Oh, and it's still raining.

So no gardening today.

Cottons pass done in the WM & the TD.

Shirts done in the WM & now in the TD.

Denim/coloureds now in the WM and will be done in about an hour and a half.

The sheer excitement of my life knows very few bounds.

In other news, it's raining old women & sticks now.

I never did remember what it was that I specifically wanted from Morrisons so I bought some chicken drumsticks and some sausages for Sunday lunch as a change from the endless beef, lamb, and turkey legs.

Portion control is a good deal easier with chicken drumsticks than it is with turkey legs, which are big enough to get very boring by the end.

On the Zit eruption news, the zit an inch and a half in front of my left ear is quite painful & I've been dosing it with an assortment of astringents, such as TCP, some other antiseptic stuff from Boots, and some rather odd looking surgical spirit.

I dosed the last zit I had inside that ear with TCP and the zit died eventually and an enormous lump of wax fell out.

It was remarkably satisfying in a peculiar sort of way. <- since there's no :ear: thingie.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 September 2019, 12:07.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was a toasted sandwich from Caffe Nero in T2 arrivals while I picked the brains of a former colleague about winter operations. Very productive meeting, am quite pleased.

Now heading back to HQ and I see rain is threatening.

Comment

Went out the back to retrieve the recycling bin. They'd been emptied, except the one somebody filled with garden waste a month ago which will never be emptied, but our usual one had vanished.

I assumed some other denizen of these parts had trundled it to their yard, and grabbed one of the remaining ones; most of them don't have numbers painted on, and everybody ignores them anyway.

And, dragging it into our yard, I found that somebody had already brought our usual one in. So I had to take the other one back out again

It's nice of somebody else to join in though. Maybe they'll start putting the damn thing out on Thursday night too. Anyway, in future I'll have to remember to notice the big bright orange thing as I walk right past it

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              In other news, it's raining old women & sticks now.
              I have never heard of that before. I have heard of raining cats and dogs.

I bet neither are as bad as hailing taxis.

Comment

Teeming down here now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Teeming down here now
                  Stair rods?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Teeming down here now
                    Stair rods?
                    Very much so. But it's stopped now, and judging by the rainfall radar that's probably it for today

While that was going on, I had lunch: sardines-in-tomato-sauce toasties. Very nice

Comment

Bugger...

Wet Underfloor heating has come on in ScruffTowers, (for the first time since it was installed in June, at great expense). Woodburner, which was lit this morning at 7am is keeping the (very open-plan) ground floor toasty-warm...

So much for "Global Warming"... laugh
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X