• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    A small forum oddity.

In the post preview the IMDB link shows the actual link. In the post it gets changed to the link text.

Yes, it fetches the page and grabs the content of the <title> tag, but for some reason only does that when the post is published, not when it's previewed. And under some circumstances (which I haven't worked out) it will show the raw URL in the published post but, if you edit the post and save it without changing anything, it will go and find the title at that point

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Just as an aside it was opM and opM's better half's anniversary yesterday.

18 years....

get less for murder etc etc

Congratulations!
      WlmS!

Comment

Duck and orange pâté on white toast for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          And under some circumstances (which I haven't worked out)
          When someone makes an intelligent remark in general?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            No, it happens more often than that

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Yes.

Specifically.

There's the first visit to Ye Olde Newe Sloughe of Desponde done and dusted.

My room looks much the same as it did.

Managed to recover a couple of things I forgot: my spirit level (knock once for yes, knock twice for no), and my single transistor on a wafer device that's wandered around with me for the last 30 or so years and which remained unregarded in a plastic bag marked "Transistors" which is used to show the uninterested esteemed customers wtf a transistor looks like.

All the boxes out of the lab have been moved elsewhere on the instructions of the new "head of skool" who actually isn't head of skool since that's been abolished but is now a PL.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Drove down to West Sussex to visit the parentals...
                You should have called in to say hello. Oh, yeah, I’m not at home.

Drove through a fake tunnel being constructed for No Time To Die, then headed down to a vineyard for a couple of days.
                It’s a good job admin pays for these mod holidays...
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Drove through a fake tunnel being constructed for No Time To Die
                  A fake tunnel? Was it one of those ones the coyote paints on a rock face with a sign pointing at it saying "BIRD SEED THIS WAY"?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    A fake tunnel? Was it one of those ones the coyote paints on a rock face with a sign pointing at it saying "BIRD SEED THIS WAY"?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Thread by @pookleblinky: "Wile E Coyote was Acme's only customer. That's why the company had such poor quality control, they for some reason banked all their hopes on […]"

Wile E Coyote was Acme's only customer. That's why the company had such poor quality control, they for some reason banked all their hopes on a single hungry desert dog
                      Acme was founded by the elon musk of its day.

"Guys. Get this. We're gonna sell rockets to a dog."
                      "we're going to sell rockets to dogs?"

A dog, Greg. A dog out in the desert. We're gonna disrupt the tulip out of this market. Who's with me?!
                      "But"

No buts, you piece of tulip. I want a rocket-powered pair of rollerskates on my desk by three or you're fired.
                      The team gingerly unveils a 10 ton anvil with a rocket crudely duct-taped to it.

1940's elon musk giggles, continuously, for a solid 5 minutes.

"Oh yes, boys, he's gonna love this. Ship it."
                      A year later, Acme now consists of 1940's elon musk and three car mechanics from Brooklyn.

They spend their time smoking pot and pondering about small dogs in the vast desert. Sometimes they mail a rocket to the middle of that desert.

Meanwhile, Wile E Coyote, brain enhanced due to nuclear fallout from nearby atom bomb tests, thinks this is all completely normal. The poor dog has no idea his entire lifestyle is one man's deranged dream.
                      Wile E Coyote, laboriously using a pen in his ungainly dog paws to scrawl a mail-order for a can of vantablack paint, thinking to himself how incredible capitalism is and how humans take it for granted.
                      Meanwhile, at Acme:

1940's elon musk: what if *takes a hit* we sell him painted tunnels.

Vinnie: how do you paint tunnels?

1940's elon musk: you jackass. He paints the tunnels. We just sell the paint. Unimaginably dark paint.
                      Somewhere in the vast austere majesty of an eroded desert, there exists a small mutated dog whose entire concept of capitalism is the product of 1940's elon musk feverdreaming about rockets
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X