• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to tear myself away from map stuff long enough to get dinner in the oven. As usual, it'll end up being ready about half nine

Comment

No idea what to have for dinner. I will have to see what's stashed in the bottom of the freezer. If that doesn't appeal, it'll be something egg based.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Visitors to UK office(Milan and Singapore) so boss took 20 of us out for hour lunch and paid.

Though as a permie I should probably expect it.

Oh and it was a Chinese just off brick lane. Very expensive!
        a chinese? brick lane?
        what happened to the bangladeshi's??

Comment

Dinner has been a Thucculent thirloin thteak, with chips and peas.
          21 day aged steak, kept for 7 days past its use by date.

marvelous.

feck all on telly, so i guess i'll carry on watching altered carbon.*

*my youngest daughter gave me access to her netflix account.
          there's scifi stuff i've never heard of, some krap, but i quite like this.

Comment

There’s a nice moon/cloud thing going on up in the heavens around here, conveniently arranged so as to be visible from my armchair

YMMV of course.

Comment

Tea has been a very big chicken dinner - both the chicken and the dinner being very big. It was exceedingly nice, and extremely filling

Comment

One is entertained to find that the new ithing is triggering trypophobia in the so afflicted.

Guess that's cut the market down a bit then.

There we are, have a photo of the ithing on top of a lotus seed head just to make sure, like.

Why Apple's iPhone 11 Pro triggers trypophobia (fear of small holes) | Metro News

The evening's 2nd feature related to the aluminium explosion theory of the collapse of the Twin Towers.

Sounds rather more reasonable than the US Government blowing them up, or the Israelis doing it or whatever.

The mini nuke theory is one of my favourites though.

You can do a lot with a suitcase nuke.

Though I'd have thunk the actinic flash might have been a bit of a giveaway along with the radiation sickness & fallout.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Bacon bap (wholemeal) for lunch; very tasty

No sauce, thereby dodging the usual controversy. Smoked back bacon, if anybody wants to argue with that?

You have something against Brown Sauce eekeekeek
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    You're not trying hard enough

Kippers passive aggressiveness done right!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's viewing (entertainment not really being the right word) was 9/11 (TV Movie 2002), being the film by those French brothers who happened to be making a documentary about the fire crew stationed nearest the WTC, and caught the only footage of the first plane going in; the one who got that then immediately proceeding with the fire crew to the north tower, where he filmed his narrow escape from the lobby when the south tower came down and then his second narrow escape not long after when the north tower did likewise

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X