• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there's the towels & cottons done in one WM and the sheets done in the other WM.

Roller towel and sheets out on the line, the rest of the cottons in the TD.

The shirts are in the WM now to be followed by the coloureds in about half an hour.

A man's work is never done.

Lovely day out there with a CBS enhanced by a few cirrus clouds.

<hiatus>

Shirts in the TD, coloureds in the WM.

I may be using the iRon for the 3rd time this millennium shortly.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Oh, and I remembered exactly what I'd forgotten to get as soon as I walked in the kitchen and put the bags down
    My brainrot is progressing well as evidenced by yesterday's trip into the front room to extract the chili con carne recipe from the filing cabinet.

Which led to total confusion and me taking the now dry umbrella back out to the kitchen having forgotten wtf I went in there for in the first place.

After a further minute of contemplation I remembered that I wanted the recipe & this time managed to remember this for the 5 paces from where I was to where it was.

Then in the afternoon I spent ages pondering on whether or not I'd left the salting house door unlocked all night, finally remembering that I'd unlocked it when I came back home to get the minced beef for said chili out of the freezer.

<Worried of Neath>

In other other news, the IET has now managed to feckup the post code on the garbage it sends me.

Instead of SA11 it's now put CA11.

Which would be fine if I lived in Cumbria.

The Tome has reached as far as the A6 murder of 1961.

They dug James Hanratty up to get his DNA which proved that they hanged the right chap.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2019, 12:25.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dithering conquered! The soup is on

I popped over to Sainsbury's Local but they didn't have any celery, and their onions looked a bit manky. So I reversed course and went to the Co-op, where I spent a mere £1.52 procuring same.

While assembling the components and putting them in the slow cooker, I realised that I walked right past the veg I wanted in Big Sainsbury's earlier in order to get fresh tarragon for use in the soup

Comment

By the by, it's very pleasant out there for ambling back and forth to the shops. Sunny but not unpleasantly hot, with a light breeze which isn't unpleasantly chilly. A nice end of summer day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          By the by, it's very pleasant out there for ambling back and forth to the shops. Sunny but not unpleasantly hot, with a light breeze which isn't unpleasantly chilly. A nice end of summer day
          WNFS. :

Shirts dried & on hangers, with the two that require a bit of iRoning iRoned with the iRoning board on top of the freezer in the saltinghouse.

Now wating for the deemed 29 minutes for the coloureds to come out of the WM and for some of them to meet the TD apart from the jeans which can dry on the line.

The sheets are verging on dry now and they've hardly been out there a couple of hours.

<hiatus>

Jeans on the line, rest of it in the TD.

I'm now going out there to do some gardening.

I may be some time.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2019, 13:52.

Comment

I see Mr Fitz has made it into the news again..

Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2019: Here are the finalists - BBC News

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Pork pie from up Melton way for lunch

Comment

Gardening done.

Sheets dried.

Roller towel dry.

Jeans out there for a little longer.

Bit upset that I had to destroy a spider's web to bring the washing in.

It had built the web in the hour since I finished gardening, which is rather impressive.

Unfotunately I had to walk down the garden through it.

Ho hum.

Comment

The soup is into its final stage: carcass removed, veg blended, and barley and chopped chicken added. I’ll check for adjustments to salt and pepper in an hour or so; and it should be ready any time after ten tonight

Not that I’ll be having any tonight. It’s being divvied up and stuck in the fridge overnight, to let the flavours develop some more. I might have some for lunch tomorrow, and the rest will go in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Bit upset that I had to destroy a spider's web to bring the washing in.

It had built the web in the hour since I finished gardening, which is rather impressive.

Unfotunately I had to walk down the garden through it.

Ho hum.
                    One of the perils of being a spider, I suppose. But one does feel rather sorry for them, making all that effort only for it to be swept away in a moment

Comment

Lots of garden spiders making webs in garden at mo, doing all I can to avoid damaging them. Glad its' not just me who is fond of spiders and other little things.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X