• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Grey. Very grey.

Cooler. 18.3 deg in here this morning.

Windless, apart from me.

And, judging by the singing on the wireless, it must be Sunday.

Bought a dvd entitled "Bound" which isn't listed on imdb.

Instead it's listed under another title "The Power of the Few (2013)" with Christian Slater and Christopher Walken.

Bound (2013) - IMDb

Glad to see that it made $45k back out of its $4M.

Budget:$4,000,000 (estimated)
    Opening Weekend USA: $7,614, 17 February 2013
    Gross USA: $25,000
    Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $45,659

Glad to see that "I am Wrath" made about the same amount of money.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2019, 08:27.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning.
      CBS again

Comment

Some of these free APIs are rather good. Do Karaoke on Mondays and sometimes can only find Karaoke versions of songs without any lyrics, so knocked up some jscript using a Youtube API example. Gets time from the video and show appropriate lyrics underneath. Needs tidying up but only took about 3/4 hour to get it working.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oddity. I have normal double glazed windows but when the sun comes up over the trees, the reflection from my office window shows as a circle with a cross on it on the lawn. Camera was out of battery unfortunately.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sunday lunch was roast lamb steaks (Morrisons, reduced).

They were nice.

Followed by the statutory 1.05 pints of good Glengettie Tea to ginger me up for the trip to Tesco & Morrisons later on.

The house has been roughly & indifferently vacced where I can be arsed and can see carpet, whilst the kitchen floor has been washed for the first time in ages.

There's a mere 10 pages of The Tome left, which will be a bit of a relief to be honest.

759 pages is quite long.

Since the end of May, I've read a good 2 feet of books.

Rather a lot of them seem to have been about WWII and/or sniping in some way.

Now considering getting rid of the landline and the broadband since it really doesn't contribute much in the way of joy.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey but warm out (20°C)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Afternoon denizens

Grey but warm out (20°C)
                24C in sultry sarf herts

CBS

very pleasant.

i think i'll go and sit in a pub garden and have a few cold ones this afternoon.

oh, chilli cooked for this evening's repast.

Comment

A road near here keeps having to be closed because of this lot pulling possibly explosive stuff out of the canal/river: The hidden dangers of magnet fishing - BBC News

Comment

Beginning to wish that the jackdaws would stop stomping on the gas fire outlet on the chimney.

It's quite disturbing.

And it echoes down into the living room.

I suppose I could turn the fire on for a bit but that seems needlessly cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Beginning to wish that the jackdaws would stop stomping on the gas fire outlet on the chimney.

It's quite disturbing.

And it echoes down into the living room.

I suppose I could turn the fire on for a bit but that seems needlessly cruel.
                      yes, i only do that to pigeons

Comment

Working...
                      X