• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiili and flatbread has been duly consumed.

hottus feckus.

phew.

I like chilli's.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      with sauce??

No need with beans bringing their own sauce

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        No need with beans bringing their own sauce
        that's a lyric from a frank zappa track

bugger.

it'll get here.

'add water, makes its own sauce'

from 'crew slut' on 'joes garage'

close.

i try.

:
        Last edited by BR14; 15 September 2019, 19:21.

Comment

Oh dear.

Walking with loony lady friend today and picked up a small shiny canister in the grass. Had no idea what it was. Turns out it's laughing gas!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This evening's first feature was "Chain Reaction (1996)" with Keanu Reeves, Brian Cox, Morgan Freeman, and Rachel Weisz.

Chain Reaction (1996) - IMDb

It was rather good in a silly sort of way.

The ep of "The Bad Skin" thing is a repeat despite the guide saying that it's not.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              This evening's first feature was "Chain Reaction (1996)" with Keanu Reeves, Brian Cox, Morgan Freeman, and Rachel Weisz.

Chain Reaction (1996) - IMDb

It was rather good in a silly sort of way.
              I quite enjoyed that when I watched it last year

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Not very lively though, so for something with a bit more pep I turned to Chain Reaction (1996), in which Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz, and Morgan Freeman are embroiled in a load of absolute hokum concerning clearly nonsensical "science". The actions of most people and organisations make virtually no sense at any time, all aspects of reality are subservient to whatever is most convenient for the plot, and none of those things work like that; none. But it's pretty entertaining if you don't get hung up on any of that

I did pause it at one point to try to decipher the titles of the books on a shelf in the background of one scene. I was hoping for something akin to those 1950s movies, in one of which a professor of astronomy had a book on his desk with the title "The Stars", and in another of which a nuclear scientist had a book on his shelf with the title "Science". But the only one I could make out was something like "Analytical Statistics"

Comment

In other news, the reading of The Tome has concluded.

The pile of books is now 2 feet 1 inch tall.

I've just discovered that I have two copies of "Gettysburg".

Well there's a thing.

It so transpires that "A Canticle for Leibowitz" is sitting on a bookshelf behind this very chair.

I haven't found "Saint Leibowitz and the wild horse woman" yet.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2019, 21:42.

Comment

Light rain has arrived and will continue through the night. Makes a change

Comment

I felt a bit chilly earlier, almost enough to seek out the fan heater, but it didn't last.

Comment

HWMBO and I went to see Pain and Glory this evening. Very good film.

Dolor y gloria (2019) - IMDb

Now waiting for a pizza!

Comment

Working...
                      X