• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    It may be of passing interest to some that "A Town Like Alice (1956)" is on BBC2 this evening at 01:05.

A Town Like Alice (1956) - IMDb
    This inspired me to have a look in BBC iPlayer's films section (using the app on the TV) where, sure enough, A Town Like Alice is now available for viewing, as was my actual viewing this evening: The Wooden Horse (1950), concerning the eponymous piece of gymnastic and escape equipment of Stalag Luft III. Been many years since I watched this one; it's still very good if you like that kind of thing

In fact, there are a number of good films on iPlayer at the moment, including several of Powell & Pressburger's. Worth a look next time you're casting around for something to watch

And before that, following on from my Wikipedia activities of this afternoon, I re-read W. W. Jacobs' 1898 short story collection Sea Urchins, which I have in the second edition

Raining moderately heavily now, but still fairly warm at 16°C out there (22° within, without the aid of heating appliances).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning

grey, this morning.

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Grey, very grey.

Damp.

Dank.

Verging on drizzly.

Sunless.

Warmer in here that it has been: 19.1 deg.

Onwards we go unto autumn.

All the apples are now in the compost heap.

The jackdaws are making the most of the pears.

And so it goes.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning Denizens

:damp: Hmmm, no damp smiley.

Watched the reboot of Hellboy last night. Was rather good. Same origin story and character details, but rather more gore and sweary than the original, and a particularly gruesome long term baddy.

Some good humour, but more of the Ewww Gross variety than comic relief.

Ian McShane doing his usual shtick, but closer to the Al Swearengen version than the Lovejoy version, as opposed to American Gods which is the other way around.

Mila Jovovich putting in a good turn in something other than a Resident Evil film and looking very good while doing it.

David Harbour was very good as Hellboy, with much more of a demonic look about him, which is closer to the comics, than the original.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I wasn't sure about the Hellboy reboot. I may give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I wasn't sure about the Hellboy reboot. I may give it a try
              A fiver on Sky atm. Worth a punt if you didn't want to spend £50 on a trip to the pictures for it.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out after overnight rain

Comment

Morning All.

Seems quite pleasant in Manchester right now.

Not sure what the future has in store though.

Happy Mondays!

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Walking with loony lady friend today and picked up a small shiny canister in the grass. Had no idea what it was. Turns out it's laughing gas!
                      For a while I thought millions of cyclists were dropping CO2 canisters everywhere. God I am not down with the kidz.....

Comment

Working...
                      X