• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've reached the happy state of not giving a tulip about anything any more which is a bit disturbing it must be said.

Ho hum.

Currently reading Dr. Evans chapter on education which isn't inspiring me much.

It amazing how much he got right & how much he got wrong.

eBooks for example.

Which seems to have been somewhat of a fad.

Not to mention bubble memory of course.

In the 4th programme (^^^above) there's some lovely shots of those 70Mb multiplatter hard disks which are now as obsolete as a really obsolete thing like a tape drive.

<hiatus>

Tea this evening turned out to be the last of Sunday's roast lamb with carrots & onions.

I managed to get the proportions of cornflour and paprika about right for a change so it was verging on being nice.

Followed by more ground rice which managed to explode out of the jug in the microwave.

It was edible, just.

All followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now to find sommat to watch.

Apparently it is to be "The Day the Earth stood still (2008)" with that Keanu Reeves character again.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) - IMDb
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2019, 17:34.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Apparently it is to be "The Day the Earth stood still (2008)" with that Keanu Reeves character again.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) - IMDb
      It appears I watched that in June 2017, and quite enjoyed it

Managed to get my mojo back slightly now the jeans are done and hung on the clotheshorse, mainly by working out how to get the Google Maps API to handle a tileserver that uses TMS (Tile Map Standard) coordinates instead of XYZ. As this comes down to passing the y coordinate through the function ((1 << zoom) - y - 1) it's considerably easier than working out how to transform a tile repository's directory structure to XYZ, though I'll probably get around to that too sometime

Comment

I have arrived in that there Glasgow. Have to entertain myself for the evening as HWMBO will not be here until tomorrow. I have made myself useful in making room in the fridge by finishing off a bottle of Baileys bought last Christmas, I believe.

Ate on the plane so tea may just involve a walk up to the chippy or chinkie when I get hungry later.

There's a Morrisons a short walk away so I may get some of that seeded bread which seems so popular on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          There's a Morrisons a short walk away so I may get some of that seeded bread which seems so popular on this thread
          I am also intrigued by this seeded bread, so do report back should you try some - it's good to hear a range of opinions on such vital matters

I have to make a special trip over the river to Morrisons, but it's near the tip so I can drop in next time I find the motivation to cart some junk up that way

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It appears I watched that in June 2017, and quite enjoyed it
            It was ok. The solution to the "problem" seems unnecessarily drastic.

Then again "To Serve Man" is a cookbook, so what do I know?

It must also be said that the reviews on imdb certainly don't like the kid.

He is an irritating little sod.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I am also intrigued by this seeded bread, so do report back should you try some - it's good to hear a range of opinions on such vital matters

I have to make a special trip over the river to Morrisons, but it's near the tip so I can drop in next time I find the motivation to cart some junk up that way

Morrisons "The Best" thick cut sunflower & pumpkin seed loaf.

HTH.

It's sort of brown, cut into thick slices (especially the crusts) with seeds.

I prefer it to Hovis thick cut.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2019, 21:46.

Comment

For tonight's repast, I had another go at making that donner kebab meat recipe, which again turned out very nice; bunch of thin slices thereof stuffed in a pitta with sweet chilli sauce, and some chips on the side. Lovely stuff

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Morrisons "The Best" thick cut sunflower & pumpkin seed loaf.

HTH.
              Cheers - found it online, so now I'll have to keep my eye out next time I'm up there

Comment

Having watched the first couple of episodes the other month, this evening I watched S1E3, E4, and E5 of Breaking Bad. About time I watched it again

Goodnight all

Comment

A few pairs of jeans in the wash.

Finding it hard to summon up enthusiasm for this map stuff this afternoon

TBH I'm just a bit short on enthusiasm for anything at all today, as I couldn't be bothered with the stuff I tried to procrastinate with either
                  Its that time of year. Some days I struggle to even put a on tpd....

Comment

Century

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS visible through the gap in the curtains.

17.7 deg in here this morning.

Dreadful night's sleep.

Awake at 04:00 precisely.

Listened to a World Service thing about the death of Rock Music.

Then read the remaining 50 pages of "Bliar's Wars" and went back to sleep at about 06:10ish.

Urgh.

Comment

Working...
                      X