• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Ah, the land of my favourite rum, mount gay
    Other rums - St Nicholas Abbey which now has a Heritage Railway (built 2018) are also available
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ham toasties for lunch again, thereby polishing off the ham

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      By the by, NF, how is the pustulent ear a doing of?

It's been some time since you did the needfull and give us an updation.
      After it burst, it got much better very rapidly and has been fine since, thanks

Mind you, I've been more attentive to the cleaning of the hearing aids than I was. I've got some alcohol-free antibacterial wipes (the ones with alcohol in can damage the plastic, apparently) which I used every couple of days to give them a clean; of course, it ended up being longer than a couple of days, and I was cleaning them before putting them in but putting them away still mucky.

Since the great ear problem I've been cleaning them immediately after use, every time. And whereas before I got a slightly sore ear canal, usually the left, from time to time, that hasn't happened at all since I became so diligent.

So it appears one should be careful not to stick dirty things in one's ears, and immediately clean things that have been in there rather than letting them fester overnight. Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        So it appears one should be careful not to stick dirty things in one's ears, and immediately clean things that have been in there rather than letting them fester overnight. Who knew?
        My mother always told me not to stick my ear in dirty things.

Naturally I never listened.

Comment

For the sake of completeness: lunch today was poached tomato and scrambed egg on Morrisons pumpkin seeded toast (the crust).

It was Very Nice. <- that's the hot paprika that gives it some vestige of flavour.

Oddly enough, searching for "Theremin's Thing" (a.k.a. The Great Seal Bug) led to that thing about the 737 max.

How did aircraft engineering become so slapdash?
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            How did aircraft engineering become so slapdash?
            I used to work on aircraft engine engineering. I think it went downhill after I left. 1985.

I do remember the day Frank Whittle visited us. Sadly I never got to meet him.

Comment

Tea this evening was chili con carne which was very nice.

Followed by ground rice which managed not to explode in the microwave and was nice enough.

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Another 2 hours of "gardening" completed.

Getting there slowly.

Dunno if I'll manage to seed it this year or let the frosts break it up a bit and seed it in April.

The evening's entertainment following The Archers is "Mr Holmes (2015)" with Sir Ian McKellen.

Mr. Holmes (2015) - IMDb

Set in 1947.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 September 2019, 18:54.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner, by some coincidence, has been chilli <chernoble class> with flatbread.

hottus feckus, as the romans said.

and a nice chianti.

's a hard life in sated sarf herts.

Comment

Still struggling to do me own cooking. Maybe common recipes are one reason why so many are overweight. Found various recipes that state they serve 4 people, and have divided everything in half so I've got 2 days worth of gnosh, yet keep finding I've got enough for 3.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Still struggling to do me own cooking. Maybe common recipes are one reason why so many are overweight. Found various recipes that state they serve 4 people, and have divided everything in half so I've got 2 days worth of gnosh, yet keep finding I've got enough for 3.
                    get a freezer and a microwave? maybe?
                    cook for four, freeze three portions, and zap when required.

it's not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      I just use the given quantities and stick the surplus portions in the freezer for when I can't be bothered to cook. (Though "for 4" often works out to 3 or even 2 in my case.)

Comment

Working...
                      X