• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    get a freezer and a microwave? maybe?
    cook for four, freeze three portions, and zap when required.

it's not rocket science.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I just use the given quantities and stick the surplus portions in the freezer for when I can't be bothered to cook. (Though "for 4" often works out to 3 or even 2 in my case.)
    Great minds think alike

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I just use the given quantities and stick the surplus portions in the freezer for when I can't be bothered to cook. (Though "for 4" often works out to 3 or even 2 in my case.)
      <clears throat>

Comment

I am a pretty poor cook but every now and then I have a crack at it and will make a lot of stuff. If it turns out edible then it gets portioned up and frozen. I used to be organised and stick a label on that said what the concoction is and the date it was made. Now I don't bother and find it more fun to play "guess the frozen blob"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I am a pretty poor cook but every now and then I have a crack at it and will make a lot of stuff. If it turns out edible then it gets portioned up and frozen. I used to be organised and stick a label on that said what the concoction is and the date it was made. Now I don't bother and find it more fun to play "guess the frozen blob"
          or keep a west indies style 'hot pepper pot' on the go.

once started, you just throw in in what you've got, day by day. <with a handful of chillis>

Comment

Tea tonight has been chicken jalfrezi (from the other week, out of the freezer - only one more of those left) with the usual rice and naan. Very flavoursome

Comment

it's not rocket science
              Cooking is much harder than rocket science!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                It's even harder with no salt.

I've got to the stage of randomly throwing herbs and stuff in just to give things a smidgeon of flavour.

Of course filling the freezer with things can be inneresting.

I nearly ended up with a combination of lentil <pffffft> soup and gravy for tea tonight until I realised that the tub was gravy.

Thankfully I hadn't defrosted the fecker.

"Mr Holmes (2015)" proved entertaining enough if you like watching a 93 year old bee keeper in his dotage.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Having finished E3 of Rise of the Nazis whilst eating, tonight's main viewing was S1E6 and E7 of Breaking Bad, which is the end of S1 due to a writers' strike.

And the recycling bin is out.

Goodnight all
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 20 September 2019, 00:07. Reason: Ride? No, Rise.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I agree with that. Mrs BP is an incredible cook. She says her secret is she cooks with love.

What I find frustrating is she watches bake-off, shouts at the telly for what they are doing wrong. And how to fix it. But she refuses to go on the show!

Comment

Morning all

Sunny.

Dry.

CBS through the gap in the curtains.

Slightly warmer at 18 deg.

No condensation on the inside of the bedroom window.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X