• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

CBS and slightly less king billy today

Comment

Morning denizens

Another clear, slightly chilly start

In other news, the woman who runs the Neighbourhood Watch group went away for a couple of days this week and, on her return, found that her front gate had been nicked

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In other news, the woman who runs the Neighbourhood Watch group went away for a couple of days this week and, on her return, found that her front gate had been nicked

I remember at my university hall some students took a gate. The whole hall was roasted! They returned it very quickly....

Comment

The company I work for has just been bought out. Of course, there will be no change. Yeah right....

Comment

Off to do the shopping

Comment

Off to do the shopping
              Just had mine delivered

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I remember at my university hall some students took a gate. The whole hall was roasted! They returned it very quickly....
                I remember being tasked by my hall warden to take the nicked traffic cones that had appeared and shift them to another hall overnight. Castle (s)Leazes at the time was 3 different halls. This went on for weeks until we dropped them on to one of the 5th floor roofs from a 6th floor window.

Mind you it was revenge for our entire floor turning up to the 6:45 alarm call in full formal evening dress whilst claiming no-one had forewarned us (they actually hadn't but we knew it had to be conducted in October and the date was October 31st).
                Last edited by eek; 20 September 2019, 10:25.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just seen some of those climate change protesters going through Liverpool Street station.

Maybe I should have killed them to help the planet?

Comment

Off to do the shopping
                    Done!

And prescription collected, which I often forget

I wanted some lamb shanks but the meat fridge didn't have any. However there were some on the butcher's counter, so I summoned up all my courage and went through the arduous process of interacting with the bloke behind the counter. I thought supermarkets were supposed to let us do away with all that?

He asked me which two (of the four available) I wanted. This instantly threw me into full-on dither mode, as I gazed on four apparently identical lamb shanks in a row (or column, as they were lined up from front to back), scrying for some way of differentiating the greater from the lesser. After a couple of seconds, this had naturally devolved into such thoughts as "Would it seem odd if I picked two that were non-adjacent? Are they numbered, or would it make sense to the butcher if I were to refer to them by number? If so, does the numbering start at the butcher or at the customer? 0 or 1 based?" and I gave up and went for the two nearest me
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 20 September 2019, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Just had mine delivered

Yes, I did that when I was too decrepit to go to the shops, though in my case it was due to surgery and I'm better now

Comment

Working...
                      X