• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Scotch broth in the slow cooker with the remains of the other evening's roast lamb

It was only a small joint, so there'll only be three or four bowls out of it. That's plenty to be going on with though
    I read line 2 before line 1! "It was only a small joint"!

Comment

Who let Zeity behind the wheel again?

Marks and Spencer lorry crashes through barrier in Swansea - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I remember one of those on the M6.

Artic on the hardshoulder on my side with headlights on, central crashbarrier flat about 300 yards further on.

Driver white behind the wheel.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Last of the roast beef out of the freezer in wholemeal bap for lunch

That joint (calm down, Scourer!) has lasted for months. Must roast another one soon

Comment

Waiting for the WM to finish its 3rd & final run of the day with the denim/coloureds.

Then it's more gardening.

Comment

Comment

Another 2 hours of "gardening" done.

I hope this lawn turns out well.

<hiatus>

A mystery solved: the Thing That Went Tink last night turned out to be the measuring jug which has fractured in a most curious way.

Luckily I have another one.

Tea this evening was M&S breaded haddock.

It was nice.

Followed by some ground rice (hence the jug) which was nice too.

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 September 2019, 17:32.

Comment

Unseasonably warm and sunny day in Scotlandshire today. Not a cloud in the sky and circa 20 degrees!

Did nothing of note to make the most of the weather, other than a couple of loads of washing.

Comment

Just spent several hours trying to get the TomTom JavaScript API to do something. Eventually, a lawyerly reading of such documentation as there is appertaining to said something led me to the conclusion that it doesn't actually support doing it. (It only supports WMS, not TMS, if you want to investigate the details.) So I'm not going to get that working, but it helped me pass an afternoon, I suppose

The Scotch broth is still simmering away; should be ready in another couple of hours or so. But I've also got to see about doing something with these lamb shanks, which will be the actual dinner.

Comment

The soup has been turned off, and is being left to cool naturally for an hour or two. In the meantime, the lamb shanks and various sacrificial veg, along with a load of red wine and a bunch of redcurrants, are now in the InstantPot™ coming up to pressure. I'm about thirty minutes behind the plan due to forgetting what time I was supposed to start, but I'm sure it'll all turn out OK

Comment

Working...
                      X