• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Went to an old boys commemorative piss up today.

it was.

i am.

sainsburys 'taste the difference' chicken jalfrezi, i think, for dinner.

<hic>

and whatever krap i can find on freeview tv.

ho, hum.

somebody has to do it
    and so it was.

a very ferocious example of the genre, i must say.

made my eyelids sweat.

and my eyes leak.
    <nothing to do with the earlier remembrance of absent friends, of course>

rewatching black mirror now.

a scintillating life, i have

Comment

Tonight's first big feature was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013), being part two of the tetralogy, and just as good as the first

And after that, another rewatch from a bit longer ago (as in, I last watched it longer ago, though it was also made longer ago): The Siege (1998) about a series of terrorist attacks on New York. Slightly ironic that they envisage these unprecedentedly awful attacks as involving suicide bombers and van bombs and so on on the ground, while the establishing shots of the city prominently include the Twin Towers of the WTC

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's first big feature was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013), being part two of the tetralogy, and just as good as the first
        I contemplated starting that lot.

Then watched "LA Confidential" instead.

Morning all if all there be

The rain began at about 20:00 last evening, continuing intermittently until it woke me up with a deluAge, old women & sticks with added murrain of beasts, at about 06:10ish.

Since the Sunday R4 diet includes some immensely depressing programme at 06:10, I eventually got up & played Freecell until I got bored with that too and came downstairs to make breakfast.

I hate Sundays.

And Mondays.

Tuesdays aren't too good, and don't get me started on Wednesdays now the B&Q Diamond card is worthless.

Thursdays, used to be early closing day, while Fridays have become washing day.

Saturday is just tedious, which brings us back to Sunday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Damp going on soaking wet.

Drizzly going on murrain of beasts.

But, looking on the bright side, it's not as bad as Sundays used to be, you can get a drink, the shops are open, and there's stuff on the telly.

Exactly 20.0 deg in here this morning, so marginally warmer than it's been on occasion last week.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          rewatching black mirror now.
          Which episode(s)?

Comment

About to take "baby" bp to rampone in Warrington. With his friend. Deep joy.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Which episode(s)?
              S4E1&2

morning

grey

damp

not currently precipitating, but it's in the post.

Sunday

meh.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It's H. G. Wells's 153rd birthday

Just read a couple of his early short stories in honour of the occasion
                Used to live in Bromley that has a plaque in his honour. He didn't like it much apparently. Probably cos I didn't live there then.

War of the words: How H G Wells snubbed Bromley | The Independent
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The unbisected beef it is aroasting.

Trying the NF trick of roasting and slicing up for the freezer.

We shall see what & how this transpires.

Amused myself reading the reviews on "LA Confidential".

It really is what makes horse races.

The vac has been run around the bits of carpet that are easily visible.

Followed the fairly strangled noises it was making, I emptied it, dismantled it a bit more to access the cyclone, then beat the filter on the garden wall, and to round it all off, washed the filter in the washing up bowl.

It's many years since I washed that filter and it really looked as if it needed it.

The greyness has lightened slightly, with intermittent light precipitation.

No gardening today.

Oh, and I should have worn gloves when washing that filter coz my skin now feels extremely dry.

Off to get some moisturiser.

It's very important to use moisturiser.

Especially those subject to dermatitis.

This is the early Sunday morning programme designed to reduce the population of depressives:

BBC Radio 4 - Something Understood, Autumn Colours

Feck me, hide the knives quick.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2019, 10:08.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Well, all three bins duly trundled forth <or first, second and third, for the purists here>.

fish in the ditch fed, too.

just in time too.

verily it chucketh it down something biblical out there now.

lamb shanks and assorted veg and flavourings in the slow cooker <thanks again NF for giving me the idea to buy one>

kitchen cleared and washing up done.

who says men can't look after themselves?

time for a cuppa now, i think.

Last edited by BR14; 22 September 2019, 12:19.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, and it's gone extremely dark just in the last twenty minutes; I think there may have been a brief shower while my attention was elsewhere, but it's definitely going to rain properly before too long. Mild though, at 19°C out (22° within)

Comment

Working...
                      X